Watson and NFL settle on 11 game suspension, $5M fine

Forge

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Still not long enough and how convenient for the NFL to have his first game back against Houston @ Houston. What a joke

They didn't wanna make it any longer because he needs 6 games to accrue a full season. They literally did him ANOTHER favor.  It's sick. 

The boo's on Dec 4 will be deafening. 

As for the Browns, 11 games with presumably Brissett at QB. 

I could see them likely being 5-6 or 6-5 with their slate. Maybe even a game or two better. They start fairly easy the first month, so they may be firing on all cylinders by the time the schedule gets rougher. 

Off field stuff aside, if you're a Cleveland fan, Watson's return should have you in the playoff hunt or close to it by season's end. Certainly not a certain disaster from a team perspective, at least. 

11 minutes ago, brownie man said:

NFL get ready for the new look Browns 

We coming 

Remember when Cleveland fans were literally partying in the streets when you all traded for OBJ and you all said this exact same thing 😂😂😂

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Let's remember to focus on football. This is a big stretch of games and Cleveland really has to rely on Jacoby to keep them in the hunt 

I think having a top-5 defense and an elite running game can keep us in it. He doesn't have to be superman just be average 

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We're also not going to pretend like it wasn't intentional that Watson is allowed to play his first game back against Houston, right?

Yeah, I thought this was a weird story originally about how they didn't want him to play in that game. Seemed backward as hell. 

• Like 1

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think having a top-5 defense and an elite running game can keep us in it. He doesn't have to be superman just be average 

I think he can do 5-6 for sure. If he can do 6-5, that would be amazing for the Browns and put them in really good shape. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Deshaun: "I take accountability for my actions"

Reality: He's denied literally this entire time ever having done anything wrong.

I don't wish injury on any player.... but I'm more than willing to make an exception here.

• Like 5

I just can’t understand how betting like $1500 gets a year.

Weed (which which is legal in multiple states the NFL is in) can get a player a year.

But being a sexual predator gets 11 games? Bad look for a league that’s tried to really engage the women audience.

Edited by Mizter_Clean10
  • Like 2