Watson and NFL settle on 11 game suspension, $5M fine

Forge

6 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Remember when Cleveland fans were literally partying in the streets when you all traded for OBJ and you all said this exact same thing 😂😂😂

That wasn’t me. Honestly you can check my posts. I wanted us to keep our pick and just take DK 🤦🏽‍♂️

Of course getting Odell was exciting but this is different. We got one of the top 2 QBs in the division now. Deshaun vs Burrow the future of the division. 

Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps66b02891

gif-shaking-head.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611254527bb190559bbed

376c5c90d93025db66b625f95fd55330_w200.gi

He is not suspended the entire year?  Failure.

He is only fined $5 mil when he has $230 mil guaranteed?  Failure.

So they expanded the suspension what 5 games?  Why even bother?  If it is not the full season might as well have kept it at 6 games, not sure this move is taking a stance on anything honestly.  

• Like 2

Something you really have to ponder...

What if the Browns are 2-9 or 3-8 with Watson able to return?

Do you risk playing him in meaningless games if they're out of Playoff contention?

But then again, if you sit him the whole year. That's 2 years of football, he hasn't played.

That's a terrible situation for the Browns & their fans.

The Browns need to pray, they're no worse than probably 5-6 with Watson coming back.

Or it will be pointless to play him & risk injury in a pointless season.

20 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yo bro if I go ima hit you up. My best friend lives in Houston that was the game I circled on going to. Gotta meet up for a beer or something! 

Glad there’s finally a resolution to this. I always said playing against Houston was the right move. Close the chapter on this and give fans a chance to boo him instead of hiding from the situation. 

This seems like the setup to a joke, 

“A diehard Texans fan and a guy with a Deshaun Watson Browns avatar walk into a bar…”

idk what the punchline is but surely it ends poorly for you 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Something you really have to ponder...

What if the Browns are 2-9 or 3-8 with Watson able to return?

Do you risk playing him in meaningless games if they're out of Playoff contention?

But then again, if you sit him the whole year. That's 2 years of football, he hasn't played.

That's a terrible situation for the Browns & their fans.

The Browns need to pray, they're no worse than probably 5-6 with Watson coming back.

Or it will be pointless to play him & risk injury in a pointless season.

I say they risk the injury no matter what

11 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Remember when Cleveland fans were literally partying in the streets when you all traded for OBJ and you all said this exact same thing 😂😂😂

Instead of Cleveland being the default second team for people, time to get the Lions bandwagon going. No more loveable loser Cleveland BS.

(To be fair, it was always at best a half truth. There's only so sad I can be for Cleveland fans on Sunday when the night before they're winning Nattys with Ohio State.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

That wasn’t me. Honestly you can check my posts. I wanted us to keep our pick and just take DK 🤦🏽‍♂️

Of course getting Odell was exciting but this is different. We got one of the top 2 QBs in the division now. Deshaun vs Burrow the future of the division. 

Yeahhh except I heard that with all the Baker > Lamar posts from 2018-2020 too.

Didn’t come true then, won’t come true now. Browns fans will get pumped and then be disappointed as always, but now the rest of the NFL will join in laughing at them along with the rest of the AFC North.

Gonna be great

4 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

This seems like the setup to a joke, 

“A diehard Texans fan and a guy with a Deshaun Watson Browns avatar walk into a bar…”

idk what the punchline is but surely it ends poorly for you 

I’m about as violent as a marshmallow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Most of you know my stance on the situation but being totally honest, all parties look horrible right now. 🤦🏿

I agree wholeheartedly. And you and I have been on opposite sides of this since the start.

• Like 1