Watson and NFL settle on 11 game suspension, $5M fine

Forge

There are no winners in this. It was a compromise and no one is completely happy in those cases.

I think the one benefit to it being 11 is he’s gonna get it from the Houston crowd. It will set a blueprint for everyone else to follow.

I also think the Steelers should give everyone white towels to wave when Cleveland comes to town. (Heard this reference on the radio)

1 minute ago, BroncoSojia said:

Oh he could just be a sociopath and have it not affect him emotionally at all.

Maybe but if he did what he is accused of doing, he will not be able to mentally move forward and succeed at almost anything.  He knows exactly what did happen and it will eat him up inside, he would honestly be better off just saying yes I am guilty of it all but then he might be in jail...  But he will be a multi-millionaire so it might not matter for him, but I cannot imagine he will be holding up some Super Bowl trophy anytime soon.  

Andrew Berry and the Browns made one of the best rosters in football last year, and now throw that all away potentially by getting Watson and joining this freaking circus event?  All because they did not like Baker Mayfield?  Wouldn't they have been better off getting Jimmy G for a year or two if they really wanted to move on from Mayfield?  They could have drafted Kenny Pickett this year or could have got Malik Willis in the 3rd if they wanted another QB.  This reach for Watson to try and win now is going to potentially blow up in their face, how can you have the leader of your team be that guy who is accused of those things?  Much less give him that freaking much guaranteed money?  What the hell?

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Are the Cleveland Browns that desperate to win?  Or create the perception of wanting to win?  They knew this was all coming and they wanted it?

This guy is going to be a good leader to a football team and lead them to wins?  How?  

I know your not a Browns fan, but cmon. The Browns have quite literally been the butt of every single NFL joke for 20+ years from every national media member on every show and every fan of any other team in the NFL. Are they that desperate to win??

nn8rdz8hwjg21.jpg

3n5I.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

Maybe but if he did what he is accused of doing, he will not be able to mentally move forward and succeed at almost anything.  He knows exactly what did happen and it will eat him up inside, he would honestly be better off just saying yes I am guilty of it all but then he might be in jail...  But he will be a multi-millionaire so it might not matter for him, but I cannot imagine he will be holding up some Super Bowl trophy anytime soon.  

If he is indeed a sociopath, that won't matter. Might only mentally bother him because he's no longer liked while before he was one of the more liked QBs in the league.

Just now, Ozzy said:

Andrew Berry and the Browns made one of the best rosters in football last year, and now throw that all away potentially by getting Watson and joining this freaking circus event?  All because they did not like Baker Mayfield?  Wouldn't they have been better off getting Jimmy G for a year or two if they really wanted to move on from Mayfield?  They could have drafted Kenny Pickett this year or could have got Malik Willis in the 3rd if they wanted another QB.  This reach for Watson to try and win now is going to potentially blow up in their face, how can you have the leader of your team be that guy who is accused of those things?  Much less give him that freaking much guaranteed money?  What the hell?

This team is built to win now. I would have preferred sticking with Mayfield and going all out for a QB in the draft next year if he didn't play well. Getting a guy like Jimmy G or Pickett would have just kept us in purgatory essentially.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Art_Vandalay said:

He's going to be so mentally defeated from getting roasted and boo'd by everyone for the duration of his career, I doubt he's even close to what he was before. Just a bummer he gets to walk away with all that $$$ though.

15 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Oh he could just be a sociopath and have it not affect him emotionally at all.

• Like 1