Watson and NFL settle on 11 game suspension, $5M fine

Forge

10 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Refused to tell the authorities who killed someone in self defence*

Ok, I’m out 

Ll Cool J Running GIF by ION

Gotta feel for an NFL All Pro needing an encourage with knives and guns for self defense in a fist fight.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Let's remember to focus on football. This is a big stretch of games and Cleveland really has to rely on Jacoby to keep them in the hunt 

Narrator: They would not focus on football

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

he was actively defending his actions. Besides, to not be outraged that someone committed a crime almost 30 times and instead of being in prison he is being paid over 200 million dollars. 

There is nothing YOU can do about it, it sucks.... This is the current state of the league, its a sleazy sport, why try to come off as wholesome when you aren't?

We might as well market the league like the show on the movie "The Running Man", at least we all know that all parties involved are bad guys and we all can all choose to partake accordingly. 

My take: 

1.   Getting 6 games left to play lets the contract toll (Galloway clause).   That’s huge for Watson because he doesn’t lose a year for FA and he only loses 650K on top of the 5M fine.  That saves him 40M or more if he can get another contract   

2.  The NFL can say he was suspended for half the year in 2022 with the 5M fine.  So they can say he got over a year and set a new bar for personal conduct penalties.     

3.   This also tells me the $ was tight even after the signing bonus.  It’s May be why he didn’t settle last offseason.  

4   The NFLPA looks kinda bad for allowing the league to have final say on appealing prnalty length - but since 99 percent of players don’t get into trouble with personal conduct it’s not a priority and for once the NFLPA probably made the right call given the status quo with Roget holding the wheel of justice kn his own was far worse  

5.  CLE is the party hurt the most - week 1-6 was the easiest draw but they get BAL/CIN/MIA/BUF/TAM for the next 5 games.  That’s massive. But they also did this with eyes wide open when they guaranteed the 230M even with suspension.  The org reaps what they sow here - just feel bad for the fanbase who did nothing here (but if you rode BAL PIT fans for supporting Ray Lewis & Big Ben - join the club).  

Finally this is going to go the way of Big Ben - won’t ever be forgotten but if he plays well it will keep him on the field - provided he can stay clean.  In the end talent matters most.   

Can’t wait until Week 13 - CLE @ HOU.   Schedule magic strikes again.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I was thinking every week at half time we could have 2 of DeShaun's victims chest pass footballs into a Dr. Pepper can. Winner's charity gets $100,000 for sexual assault awareness.

Sorry, we can only have that as a comedic indictment of absurdly high tuition and watch the loser get saddled with $100K+ in high interest student loans.

What's hilarious to me is that the Browns screwed the Browns here. They wasted a season in this loaded roster's prime and they now let Watson accrue a year for paid salary as opposed to a yearlong suspension meaning that they had his rights another year. Even those happy with Watson being here (I guess one to three people in our forum) should have been hoping for a yearlong suspension.

11 Games wrecks their season and Watson's year accrues. LOL 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

As a person born and raised in Cleveland I welcome it. People love to unfairly judge and hate really good people from here, I fully embrace being the Detroit Pistons of the NFL. Signed, lifelong Browns fan....

Why would you be the Pistons of the NFL?

Nothing about the Bad Boys is relatable to signing a greasy turd to be the face of your franchise.