Watson and NFL settle on 11 game suspension, $5M fine

Forge

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

There is nothing YOU can do about it, it sucks.... This is the current state of the league, its a sleazy sport, why try to come off as wholesome when you aren't?

We might as well market the league like the show on the movie "The Running Man", at least we all know that all parties involved are bad guys and we all can all choose to partake accordingly. 

that is an asinine mindset. If someone came to my house while I was at work, killed everyone I know, and then ran off I should not care because there is nothing I could do about it?

If YOU don't care about all the victims in this situation, own up to it. Don't qualify it like having actionable ability is necessary to have an opinion. That is apologist BS to make you feel better for being an unfeeling prick. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

that is an asinine mindset. If someone came to my house while I was at work, killed everyone I know, and then ran off I should not care because there is nothing I could do about it?

If YOU don't care about all the victims in this situation, own up to it. Don't qualify it like having actionable ability is necessary to have an opinion. That is apologist BS to make you feel better for being an unfeeling prick. 

Excited Ric Flair GIF

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Why would you be the Pistons of the NFL?

Nothing about the Bad Boys is relatable to signing a greasy turd to be the face of your franchise. 

He's speaking purely from an "everyone outside of this city hates them" point of view, not a 1:1 correlation.

3 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Why would you be the Pistons of the NFL?

Nothing about the Bad Boys is relatable to signing a greasy turd to be the face of your franchise. 

There's a meaningful difference between "some of our players are frankly, bad human beings" and "we, at considerable expense, went out to acquire a player knowing he was a bad human being."  You can't really avoid "a guy you drafted gets himself into trouble" but you can (and should) just refuse to trade for or sign the bad people.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What's hilarious to me is that the Browns screwed the Browns here. They wasted a season in this loaded roster's prime and they now let Watson accrue a year for paid salary as opposed to a yearlong suspension meaning that they had his rights another year. Even those happy with Watson being here (I guess one to three people in our forum) should have been hoping for a yearlong suspension.

11 Games wrecks their season and Watson's year accrues. LOL 

Totally disagree. You’re giving up on the season. I am not. We have one of the most talented teams in the league. Jacoby is as least as good as a hurt Baker Mayfield. If we’re still in contention Deshaun can be back just in time. Also he just needs to get back on the field period. He needs to play. 

Baker was wack bro. We weren’t going anywhere with him. We saw it time after time. They saw it too. 

Regardless is this works out we’re gonna be paying Watson the rest of his career regardless. The money is what it is. One year isn’t going to determine whether this trade was a success or failure. 

I know Browns fans are having trouble dealing with this, but this was 100% the right move. Absolutely no question about it. If he plays he will play better than Baker can play in his dreams. I’m glad our FO was done with mediocrity. 

Hoping for a year long suspension is pessimistic. Our roster too good for that. Maybe we trade for Jimmy G idk, but they handled this right. The sooner you accept it the the better you’ll feel bro. It’ll all make sense once he plays. 

Gotta Love the NFL. Appear to show power by extending his overall suspension to 11 games. While making sure the NFL ratings for week 12 vs Houston is still viable. 

Curious if the Texans game was week 11, if it would of been only 10 gms? Week 14, 13 games. What a joke!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Totally disagree. You’re giving up on the season. I am not. We have one of the most talented teams in the league. Jacoby is as least as good as a hurt Baker Mayfield.

I applaud the amount of hoops it takes to jump through to reach this hilarious conclusion:

Passing Rushing
Rk Player From To Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Att Yds TD
1 Jacoby Brissett 2016 2021 12.1 20.1 129.0 0.6 0.3 1.8 11.0 3.0 10.9 0.2
2 Baker Mayfield 2021 2021 18.1 29.9 215.0 1.2 0.9 3.1 19.2 2.6 9.6 0.1

This is Brisett's career per-game averages just compared to Baker's 2021.

https://stathead.com/football/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1=BrisJa00&player_id2=MayfBa00&p2yrfrom=2021&p2yrto=2021

I get that certain Browns fans want to believe Baker was a backup-level QB and that signing another backup-level QB makes it feel like that dude was better than Baker, but it's just not reality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gotta Love the NFL. Appear to show power by extending his overall suspension to 11 games. While making sure the NFL ratings for week 12 vs Houston is still viable. 

Curious if the Texans game was week 11, if it would of been only 10 gms? Week 14, 13 games. What a joke!

@ET80

Id like to know what the general feelings of Texans fans are about this. 

I feel like the simple fan thinks Deshaun playing the Texans is a bad idea. 

If I was a Texans fan I’d want to play Deshaun I’d want to beat him and boo him. If I’m the players I’d want to go up against him. I think they’ll be looking forward to the game. 

not sure if that’s the stance of most fans, but I know if I was a Texans fan I’d want to play the Browns absolutely for sure. It’ll be a sold out game my guess. 

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He's speaking purely from an "everyone outside of this city hates them" point of view, not a 1:1 correlation.

For how they played between the lines, not who they were outside of them.

It's a rather large chasm of difference. 

It's not relatable, but if you want a Detroit reference, it's more like Matt Patricia on Spring Break on South Padre. 

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I applaud the amount of hoops it takes to jump through to reach this hilarious conclusion

I like that you chose not to include (Jacoby’s on the left)

passer rating 78.1 - 83.1 

completion percentage 60.2 - 60.5

interception ratio 1.8 - 3.1

You can choose to deny it but the stats show 

Jabcoby career is > 2021 Baker. 

that interception ratio alone probably wins us two games more games. I appreciate how you picked which stats to back your argument though, but they don’t do as good job comparing the two players as the stats I’m providing. 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

For how they played between the lines, not who they were outside of them.

It's a rather large chasm of difference. 

It's not relatable, but if you want a Detroit reference, it's more like Matt Patricia on Spring Break on South Padre. 

I’d say it’s more Ray Lewis Baltimore or Ben Pittsburgh tbh.

Since Baker joined the league he is 29-30 as a starter and Brissette is 9-11. In 2017 Brissette was 4-11 on a team that was ranked 30 31 and 30 30 on offense and defense... not exactly the 2022 Browns. 

Let it go about Baker. He's a replacement level starter.

Just now, MWil23 said:

The Browns hopes of salvaging 2022 begin and end with Jimmy G, end of conversation.

Don't think so. Think you will ride with Jacoby. If he can go 5-6, which isn't unreasonably, I think Watson can go 5-1 in the last 6