Watson and NFL settle on 11 game suspension, $5M fine

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't think so. Think you will ride with Jacoby. If he can go 5-6, which isn't unreasonably, I think Watson can go 5-1 in the last 6 

Watson is going to have to come out sharp if that happens, and I won't be remotely surprised if he struggles a bit when he comes back.

But agreed, think we're going to ride it out with Jacoby. I think we'd only have gone after Jimmy if Watson was suspended for the year.

Just now, August4th said:

I don't get the hype for the browns roster. We've been hearing how great it is for about 2-3 yrs, yet they are barely .500 in that span. they got soundly swept by the worse steelers team I've ever seen last yr

Well, in 2019 our coach was Elmer Fudd. 2020 we made the playoffs. 2021 we were hurt by injuries and our QB was hurting and struggling.

We have holes, no doubt, but we definitely have one of the better rosters in the league.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

He literally just came out to the podium and denied it AGAIN, minutes after putting out that statement online.

Awful human being. Can't wish enough bad things on him.

Dehaun: "I apologize for my actions."

"What actions?"

Deshaun: "What actions?"

1 hour ago, JiffyJag said:

I’ve never seen the Haslems speak before, but these 2 really are a couple of clowns.

Whole family is garbage.  They're 99% responsible for turning Tennessee into a ****show of a college program too.  And his brother also got raided by the FBI for fraud while the other brother was doing a ****ty job as governor.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Regardless of what Watson was on the field before.... 28 games missed is a LOT. I think it is safe to seriously doubt what kind of form he will show in his return late this year... and it is also fair to wonder if he will ever be the same player he once was.

His money is guaranteed, his public image literally can not be more tarnished, people who once held him as a hero now despise him.... Time will tell, but I do not think it is a guarantee Watson comes back and is a great QB again.

Agreed.  Hard to imagine him coming back at 100%.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

What female would ever take that job? How much money would they have to be paid to even remotely risk that?
As a dude even I would feel grossed out just being around that guy.

Lots.  Money is money.

52 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Why? because we aren't as outraged as you, you attack him or assume he has no remorse for the victims. Such a lemming mindset....

There isn't much assuming that has to be done.  He's made it very clear.

48 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Remember, he has to face his maker for his actions when its his time, we don't.

I don't know why he still has to report to his momma at this point in his life, and she clearly did a bad job anyway.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 4

Just now, DawgX said:

Watson is going to have to come out sharp if that happens, and I won't be remotely surprised if he struggles a bit when he comes back.

But agreed, think we're going to ride it out with Jacoby. I think we'd only have gone after Jimmy if Watson was suspended for the year.

Starting with the Texans is a good warm up, but definitely gets real after that. 5-1 is probably too high of a bar to hit, but not impossible. Those divisional games can really be 50/50 propositions though

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I like that you chose not to include (Jacoby’s on the left)

passer rating 78.1 - 83.1 

completion percentage 60.2 - 60.5

interception ratio 1.8 - 3.1

You can choose to deny it but the stats show 

Jabcoby career is > 2021 Baker. 

that interception ratio alone probably wins us two games more games. I appreciate how you picked which stats to back your argument though, but they don’t do as good job comparing the two players as the stats I’m providing. 

"chose not to include"

my dear friend i literally linked you the entire report. I didn't cherry pick anything. If you wanna not use their per-game totals, there they are, literally in the report that I linked you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

What always, always irked me was how Kobe also cheated on his wife and let's just assume it was totally consensual....like the only thing that damaged his reputation was that he was accused of it not being consensual. Mind blowing to me.

Sure but didn't the woman have multiple different ***** samples on her underwear or something?  Not saying what Kobe apparently did was right but his wife still loved him up until the end and I would not say his overall character as a person is not  in question, again it was not a thing that happened consistently multiple times with him.  Tiger sure it happened more than once and was a dirtbag move each time, but at least he did not force himself on these women or make them sign an non disclosure agreement after the fact or pay them off like Watson did, and did over and over and over again.

What Deshaun Watson is accused of doing is straight up predatory behavior.  

Kellen Winslow Jr is in jail currently on a 14 year sentence for one count or rape and two counts of assault doing some pretty awful stuff.

Darren Sharper is currently in jail on multiple counts of raping or attempting to rape 9 women in over four different states.

Only difference is with Sharper the women came forward instantly and there was proof of the rape where not sure any of Watson's victims did that and got a "rape examinations" right after, or I do not believe so because if they did that would be the evidence they need to put him behind bars.  But if there was no "penetration", one would need DNA proof but again instantly after the fact and not sure that happened.  

For for guys like Winslow Jr and Sharper to both be currently behind bars and Watson walk with allegedly doing more things to more women, it is pretty nuts.  Forced or soliciting prostitution is not legal for NFL players to do right?  

“It just so happens in this case, the civil assault involves his genitals,” Duncan said. “But forcing another person to perform a sexual act, that’s a more aggravated form of sexual assault.”

"He has settled 23 of the 24 civil lawsuits accusing him of a pattern of coercive and lewd behavior."  It is also how one frames it, were Watson's actions a "pattern of coercive and lewd behavior"  or was it sexual assault?  Two very different things and by the results of this so far people are thinking of it as coercive and lewd behavior which I feel it is more than just that....

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't think so. Think you will ride with Jacoby. If he can go 5-6, which isn't unreasonably, I think Watson can go 5-1 in the last 6 

I think they’ll ride with Jacoby, I just think when they do it’s a lost season. Between 6 and 9 wins. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it comes down to the Patriots and Dolphins games, and the 6 division games. I could see them getting to 10-7 but you better be 10-7 with all the tiebreakers in this AFC.  This is assuming KC, LA, Buffalo, Indy or Tennessee, AFC North #1 all take the top 5 spots. Then its AFC Central 2, AFC West 3, AFC East 2, and AFC South 2 fighting for the last 2 spots.

A team or two might surprise or disappoint but that's how I see it now.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

The idea that you are so god damn casual and even giving off a sense of SUPERIORITY in regards to a sexual predator is so telling. You must HATE women. Honestly, I worry for any women in your life. Legitimate concern. 

Personal attacks from mods, now this is a real Watson thread... spitting up as it lands back on himself.

@Webmaster

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Since Baker joined the league he is 29-30 as a starter and Brissette is 9-11. In 2017 Brissette was 4-11 on a team that was ranked 30 31 and 30 30 on offense and defense... not exactly the 2022 Browns. 

Let it go about Baker. He's a replacement level starter.

Wins are schroedingers stat on FF. Simultaneously meaningless yet also very important, dependant on how they forward the speaker’s argument

• Like 1

Its sort of weird that everyone is somehow MORE in a uproar about this suspension than they were when he got 6 games.

Suspended 6 games: "Ehh thats really low."

NFL: "Yeah it is, we want to up it"

Suspended 11 games, 5 Million donated to charity and mandatory behavioral therapy: "ZOMG how could they this is such an embarassment, put him behind bars for the rest of time and I hope every player and person on the Browns gets dysentery while forging the river!"

Like what are you doing, are you getting your last breath out now that its officially over?

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1