Watson and NFL settle on 11 game suspension, $5M fine

Forge

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

lmfao

"I'm not apologizing because I was wrong, I was apologizing because you got upset."

Yet we got a thread locked because defenders wanted to argue whether his last apology was genuine or not(which spiraled down a big old rabbit hole of course)... smh.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He literally just came out to the podium and denied it AGAIN, minutes after putting out that statement online.

Awful human being. Can't wish enough bad things on him.

I give it 6 months before he repeats this behavior. @ET80 over/under? Especially now with 11 weeks to sit around doing nothing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think the obvious explanation is that he'll keep sexually assaulting people.

Yeah - I agree it’s a matter of if, not when. I don’t expect Cleveland to create many safeguards to deter his behavior, and I don’t believe the next ruling will be as long or as lenient.

So glad the NEXT one is the camel that broke the straw’s back…

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I know your not a Browns fan, but cmon. The Browns have quite literally been the butt of every single NFL joke for 20+ years from every national media member on every show and every fan of any other team in the NFL. Are they that desperate to win??

I am speaking of recent history, they had a great roster the last few years one of the best in the league and got pretty damn far in the Playoffs with even Baker Mayfield as the QB.  Why waste all of that building and growth to just throw it all away on Deshaun Watson as if he will bring you wins considering what he did and the circus that is follow him currently?  How is that going to work because it will not.  But maybe Berry is not that great of a GM if he brings in a guy like Watson and gives him that much money.

Sell your soul as an organization for wins?  No thanks.  Maybe Watson will turn out to be this great leader and winner in the future but I seriously doubt it.

Just now, BofaDeez54927 said:

These are the most tone-deaf PR statements I've heard in quite some time 

Even calling their PR team bush league may be a bit rich. 

TBH, The PR battle was lost when they signed an alleged serial assaulter of 24+ different women to a huge guaranteed contract back in March. The PR team should blame the FO for that.

• Like 2

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I give it 6 months before he repeats this behavior. @ET80 over/under? Especially now with 11 weeks to sit around doing nothing.

I’ll take the over. I also expect him to spend more time out of the country “getting treatment”.

• Like 1

Regardless of what Watson was on the field before.... 28 games missed is a LOT. I think it is safe to seriously doubt what kind of form he will show in his return late this year... and it is also fair to wonder if he will ever be the same player he once was.

His money is guaranteed, his public image literally can not be more tarnished, people who once held him as a hero now despise him.... Time will tell, but I do not think it is a guarantee Watson comes back and is a great QB again.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Yeah - I agree it’s a matter of if, not when. I don’t expect Cleveland to create many safeguards to deter his behavior, and I don’t believe the next ruling will be as long or as lenient.

Yeah, he’s gonna have a lot of time on his hands over the next 3 months, and it seems that his primary hobby is sexually assaulting people. Not a great combo 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Regardless of what Watson was on the field before.... 28 games missed is a LOT. I think it is safe to seriously doubt what kind of form he will show in his return late this year... and it is also fair to wonder if he will ever be the same player he once was.

His money is guaranteed, his public image literally can not be more tarnished, people who once held him as a hero now despise him.... Time will tell, but I do not think it is a guarantee Watson comes back and is a great QB again.

All I hope for when he returns is 6 games of him getting sacked/hit on every single play. Nothing less. Don't care if it's legal or not.

• Like 4

Watson still insisting he did nothing wrong and Haslam's statement about "we believe in second chances" betray a really broken notion of how "earning forgiveness" works.

It's basically a three step process:
- you admit what you did was wrong and demonstrate that you understand how it was wrong.
- you approach the person you have wronged and do what you can to make it up to them.
- you try to demonstrate broadly that you have become a better person who isn't going to do the bad thing again.

Lawyers and PR people have mucked this all up.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

At least he can't order his own masseuses any more so that MO isn't an option, but he has history of hiring sex workers. Between how he can engineer the situation to give reasonable doubt, attitudes against sex workers, and his money, I'd be skeptical he gets caught unless he really slips up.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Curious as to why. You think more is coming out in the next few months?

I doubt it, with all of the hype this created I doubt anything new comes out. I guarantee they combed his every move for the last 10 years of his life 100 times over. If there was even an inkling of something it would have come out by now.