Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Has Watson not taken off?? Not sure what else you'd call the last month?? The guy reaches 20 MPH on pretty much any route he doesn't have to break on. You force feed those gifts if you have any offensive prowess as a playcaller whatsoever.

With another camp like last year, Doubs is going to become a reliable #2. He's just way above his experience level when it comes to nuances of the position. When he plays with the same level of confidence that Watson has learned from achieving success, that's another target you need to get the ball to.

I am one of the biggest Lazard fans on here, but there's nothing dynamic or explosive there. We gave him a chance to show there's more to his game and there's not. He's a big slot who is dependable and elevates those around him with his route running and blocking. I'd still be fine paying Laz at 10 per solely because of how much better he's going to make the WR room, but not as the main target share. Not if you want any sort of dynamic qualities in your offense.

Like I said earlier, Lazard's game will definitely play.  But I also think that he is greatly helped by the presence of MVS or Watson pulling some safety players deep, or Davante commanding attention.  Lazard isn't a "#1" guy, but that really isn't how he has been used with the emergence of Watson.  And the beautiful thing is, we can pay him and still have a relatively cheap WR room, and his contract is probably up when he is around 30-32 and it will be time to pay Watson and Doubs.  

5 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

Question to you both though and it's likely stupid. Do we ask Lazard to put on 10 more LBs and try him at move TE? 

Look at the box score for the Bears game, and compare Lazard to Cole Kmet.  In that respect, they are doing the same thing.  I think you don't fix what isn't broken.  Lazard functions as a possession receiver, and a good blocker at 230.  I don't think he fares well as an every down inline blocker.  Sure we all love it and laugh when he earholes Kayvon Thiobodoux, but he isn't winning that 1-on-1 match-up regularly.  As he currently is, Lazard is a difficult coverage assignment for LBs, and a very difficult blocking assignment for DBs.  Think of him as a small TE that forces teams to play nickel defense.

5 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Christian Watson’s dad said 9 has been timed 4.21 in the 40. Said he’s running away from NFL DBs because he’s faster than 4.38.

I agree with this. Last spring I was looking at MVS' 10/20/40 times at the combine (1.55/2.58/4.37) compared to Watson's (1.45/2.45/4.36). The conclusion I came to was that Watson was quicker but that MVS' top speed must be better because his 20-40 time was 1.79 vs Watsons 1.91. I no longer believe MVS' top speed beats Watson. Maybe Watson coasted the last 20. 😀

And my old man swears I ran <4:30 1600s. But I did not lol. And that's not even good really. 

21 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lazard debates are some of my favorite here just because I have no idea where I land. I feel like I've always been pro Lazard but I can see the other side pretty often. But he's not all shiny and fast and doesn't do crazy things that stand way out so he's trash. 

I think the udfa thing has always hurt him but I'm reality it's all his perceived speed deficiency. That being said I bagged on him all game for falling down after every catch too. 

People act like Lazard is a dog **** athlete. The dude has a RAS of 8.59.

Now I think RAS is overrated as ****, but a whole bunch of people on here don't. 

• Like 2

Watson's speed is what everyone is talking about, which is understanable. But his TD reception was just as impressive. 4th and 4 and he was initially covered, but manages to find an open spot in the end zone where Rodgers could get the ball to him. Something you don't see from rookies a lot.

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We were saying the exact same things about MVS a few years ago. 

Much like Rashan Gary, I'm not saying Watson isn't going to be an elite player. I'm saying that there are still rough edges that need to be grounded down for him to really shine. 

I'm thrilled with Watson's TD production, but it isn't sustainable as is. 

Nobody was saying this about MVS after his rookie year. There is a major difference between the two. Heck, it's the NFL and anything can happen, but other than MVS being fast, there is really no comparison to the upside. 

Your point about grounding down the edges is really the exciting part of what this kids ceiling could be. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

People act like Lazard is a dog **** athlete. The dude has a RAS of 8.59.

Now I think RAS is overrated as ****, but a whole bunch of people on here don't. 

With ya. We've been enamored with other prospects with similar tools lately. That's where my udfa theory starts.

I get he's not exciting and I can fall into that trap as well. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Nobody was saying this about MVS after his rookie year. There is a major difference between the two. Heck, it's the NFL and anything can happen, but other than MVS being fast, there is really no comparison to the upside. 

Your point about grounding down the edges is really the exciting part of what this kids ceiling could be. 

League obviously thought much higher of CW as well just based on draft position. NDSU isn't going to do you any ******* favors trying to develop as a wide receiver 

Edited by Norm

5 minutes ago, Brat&amp;Beer said:

Watson's speed is what everyone is talking about, which is understanable. But his TD reception was just as impressive. 4th and 4 and he was initially covered, but manages to find an open spot in the end zone where Rodgers could get the ball to him. Something you don't see from rookies a lot.

Yeah this play cost us the loss

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Okay, but grounding edges down doesn't always happen successfully.

What does Watson have going on right now that makes him so much more transcendent than MVS?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Okay, but grounding edges down doesn't always happen successfully.

What does Watson have going on right now that makes him so much more transcendent than MVS?

He caught a pass with his hands 12 inches in front of his face Sunday and they ooohhhd and awwewdd in here. It's like relax guys he's supposed to do that. You're right. This is far from a sure fire stud, as much as I love to meme about him. 

12 minutes ago, Brat&amp;Beer said:

I feel like I'm stanning AG right now but that's not this crazy football IQ. I move that direction in ******* drunk Saturday morning flag in college.