Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m starting to buy why Christian Watson didn’t believe that 4.36 40 time was a proper correction at the combine. He made those dudes look slow AF there  and he’s so damn tall his stride dosent really look like he’s running that fast.

I don't even think that's his top gear.  He was plenty fast, but he might even be slowed down a bit by a balky hammy from earlier this year.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m starting to buy why Christian Watson didn’t believe that 4.36 40 time was a proper correction at the combine. He made those dudes look slow AF there  and he’s so damn tall his stride dosent really look like he’s running that fast.

I'm tall, but I think the reason it doesn't look like I'm running fast is because I'm not actually running that fast

• Like 4

Very early on there was a really low short pass that he didn't catch.  Was that a "drop" or an uncatchable bad throw?  The play was so fast and there was kind of a linebacker obstructing the NBC view, and they never replayed it.  After the play Collinsworth was noting that Watson has dropped some throws.  

Did anybody get a better look at that, or have it on different film than the NBC live?  To me it looked Rodgers might have bounced it?  Or if it was still in flight, that it might have been barely off the ground, uncatchably low.  Anybody remember or see that one?  A catchable ball that could classify as a drop?  Or no drop at all on an uncatchable bad throw?  

16 minutes ago, craig said:

Very early on there was a really low short pass that he didn't catch.  Was that a "drop" or an uncatchable bad throw?  The play was so fast and there was kind of a linebacker obstructing the NBC view, and they never replayed it.  After the play Collinsworth was noting that Watson has dropped some throws.  

Did anybody get a better look at that, or have it on different film than the NBC live?  To me it looked Rodgers might have bounced it?  Or if it was still in flight, that it might have been barely off the ground, uncatchably low.  Anybody remember or see that one?  A catchable ball that could classify as a drop?  Or no drop at all on an uncatchable bad throw?  

I thought he caught it at first.  I think it is a catchable ball, I think that is something that they do to move the chains, and have pretty low risk of anything other than an incompletion.  I know Rodgers has thrown similar balls to Lazard, Cobb, Adams, and Jones in the past.  It doesn't set up for any YAC, but I think the idea is that it is 3rd and 6, here is 8 yards.  The fact that they are using Watson on these throws tells me that they trust him to catch it.  And not catching these are considered a drop, but let's take a step back and realize that not all drops are created equal.  Drops like this happen a couple times per game.  Watson's drop in Minnesota was egregious. 

On 11/28/2022 at 12:03 AM, Striker said:

Watson is now in a three way tie for third for most receiving TDs by a Packers rookie. Max McGee had 9 and Billy Howton had 13.

The Packers play the #30, #26, #29, #19, and #23 DVOA pass defenses. 8 TDs in five games isn't out of the realm of possibility.

The tie has been broken with 7. Needs 2 to catch McGee and 6 to catch Howton.

Currently tied with McGee for total TDs with 9. Lacy has 11 and Howton has 13.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

His speed has proven to be the single strongest trait of any player that came out this year. He is definitely better than MVS was, already. 

Ceiling is so high if he can be coached up to improve concentration on catches, route running, etc.

Needs to be used to his strengths until those other pieces develop.