Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

54 minutes ago, squire12 said:

players that have a hard time tracking deep passes should be run on more deep posts and deep angled crossing type patterns vs pure vertical.  

That's true, but coverage kind of dictates that deep shot route tree. To reach his potential he needs to be comfortable running the whole vertical tree, and it's just a comfort thing. There's a reason why NBA guys take a million jumpers and outfielders shag fly balls all spring, it's something you can teach your muscle memory to do second nature.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

This ^

Hopefully with some NFL level strength training he'll improve his hand strength and hand/eye coordination and like previously Packer WRs, he'll evolve into a "****** and go" reception style.

Didnt realize that s n a t c h was an embargoed word.....

Because it’s another name for vagina.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

This ^

Hopefully with some NFL level strength training he'll improve his hand strength and hand/eye coordination and like previously Packer WRs, he'll evolve into a "****** and go" reception style.

Any coach should be fine with body catching balls 30+ yards downfield, the velocity and trajectory is such that hands vs body really make no difference. It's the 5-15 yard routes that the nose of the ball is coming right at you with zip that you need to catch with your hands.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Any coach should be fine with body catching balls 30+ yards downfield, the velocity and trajectory is such that hands vs body really make no difference. It's the 5-15 yard routes that the nose of the ball is coming right at you with zip that you need to catch with your hands.

Yes - but the preferred .... discipline ... would be to train yourself to catch all passes with your mitts. Doing so gives you immediate control of the ball and makes you better at "high pointing" the down field pass.

Case in point ... two years ago MVS (a basket catcher if ever there was one....) missed on a longer pass because while he was holding his "basket" out so the ball could fall into it - the pass was knocked away by the DB who went up for it. To his credit, the last year MVS was with GB he'd evolved into a hands catcher.

Watson's done both styles and hopefully, he increases the % of hands catches. That's pretty much all I'm saying. He's a rookie with some interesting skill sets who's learning and growing on the fly.

Edited by Leader

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

This ^

AssBitchCockSnatch isn't, though

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

That's true, but coverage kind of dictates that deep shot route tree. To reach his potential he needs to be comfortable running the whole vertical tree, and it's just a comfort thing. There's a reason why NBA guys take a million jumpers and outfielders shag fly balls all spring, it's something you can teach your muscle memory to do second nature.

certainly needs to be able to run the full tree.  But at the current time, identifying what the player does well and more consistently is important and then running him on more of those routes in games while using practice time to further develop the other routes that can later be used in games when defenses see a pattern of .....

Watson runs a lot of deep posts, deep angled crossers and teams game plan for that.... then spring a vertical go route that they are not expecting.  

40 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Here's a comprehensive list of all the rookie receivers who have more yards and TDs than Watson.....

OROTY!

Funny but Doubs and Watson are tied for second among rookies in TD catches. Only Jahan Dotson has 4. Watson has as many TD's as Dotson because of one rushing TD.

Edited by Old Guy

Heard Watson on Sirius XM yesterday.  

And...I believe I can confidently tell you what his issue has been and could still be.

He's very well spoken.  I'm going to take it that he's very educated and smart.  I'm also going to take it that he has a strong family behind him.

Which means....I think he's thinking too much and not just relying on his God given ability.  He's playing while thinking and trying not to let anyone down.  

That brain is getting in the way of his hands.

When the game slows down for him, man, it'll be quite the sight to behold.

Of all of those catches, I liked the crosser best.  That acceleration to top end speed is something you can not teach.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 2:26 PM, vegas492 said:

Blah Blah Blah.

Yah, we traded two second rounders to a division rival for this turd.  Haven't even seen if he can wear a darned uniform yet.

Gimme a reason why he should make the squad?

Because you or @Packerraymond has him on their final roster projections is not a valid answer.

Neither is his draft status or age..

Small school guy who can't run the full route tree, has suspect hands and has never been in a pro style offense.

Not exactly the type of guy you want on the field.

So tell me WHY????????

Maybe the worst post this year. Dude makes MVS look like an average athlete with his quick twitch. I was shocked how easily he did that flip in the end zone too