Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Christian Watson might break the all-time record for mid-season fantasy football waiver claims in a single day after this game

I wonder if there's a stat for player with highest unused points or something.  I imagine very few people had Watson on their roster today

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Christian Watson might break the all-time record for mid-season fantasy football waiver claims in a single day after this game

Lol this is probably really true too. It'll be close if not, I'm sure ESPN has a way to check their leagues somehow

8 hours ago, KFP7 said:

I wonder if there's a stat for player with highest unused points or something.  I imagine very few people had Watson on their roster today

LOL! My brother was playing against his daughter's father-in-law today. Before the game he texted me Watson was getting three TD's. He played him in fantasy and kicked the guy's ***. 

Tells me he's ****ty at fantasy football for playing a guy whose done nothing all year long and happens to be lucky AF!

Q:  What was Watson thinking on that other bomb that he didn't catch?  Throw ended up being a half-stride beyond his reach, after he had stopped running for some reason a couple of steps prior.  Had he kept running, the ball wouldn't have been overthrown whatsoever.  

I'm trying to understand, not trying to rip or anything; seriously puzzled what would have been going through his head, or what the receiver logic was there?  Any receivers who can explain that one for me?    

Tangent:  I wonder if he's maybe a little better used in some of the slants and crossing routes?  I'm thinking those make it easier for him to keep his eye on what's happening, and keep his eye on the ball? 

I think the bombs are inherently more difficult for raw, non-instinctive receivers for two reasons. 

1. Don't know whether to turn head to left or right, if you're not sure which side the ball will come?  
  2. Sophisticated receivers have a trick where they supposedly don't give the defender a "tell" by turning their head up to look at the ball until the last second.  By keeping head, hands, and eyes down, the coverage doesn't know the ball is in flight.  That's great for guys like Jennings and Jefferson and Jordy.  But for a raw unsophisticated guy like Watson, he maybe needs to get his head around early, even if it dings his speed a little and does "tell" the defender a bit?  At this point I just think he needs to keep his eye on the ball so he can read where to go and where to be.  

17 minutes ago, craig said:

Q:  What was Watson thinking on that other bomb that he didn't catch?  Throw ended up being a half-stride beyond his reach, after he had stopped running for some reason a couple of steps prior.  Had he kept running, the ball wouldn't have been overthrown whatsoever.  

I'm trying to understand, not trying to rip or anything; seriously puzzled what would have been going through his head, or what the receiver logic was there?  Any receivers who can explain that one for me?    

Tangent:  I wonder if he's maybe a little better used in some of the slants and crossing routes?  I'm thinking those make it easier for him to keep his eye on what's happening, and keep his eye on the ball? 

I think the bombs are inherently more difficult for raw, non-instinctive receivers for two reasons. 

1. Don't know whether to turn head to left or right, if you're not sure which side the ball will come?  
  2. Sophisticated receivers have a trick where they supposedly don't give the defender a "tell" by turning their head up to look at the ball until the last second.  By keeping head, hands, and eyes down, the coverage doesn't know the ball is in flight.  That's great for guys like Jennings and Jefferson and Jordy.  But for a raw unsophisticated guy like Watson, he maybe needs to get his head around early, even if it dings his speed a little and does "tell" the defender a bit?  At this point I just think he needs to keep his eye on the ball so he can read where to go and where to be.  

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Guy still needs some serious help tracking and catching, but damn is the H/W/S rare. Just keep throwing him the ball and who cares if he drops a few.

I think I read that after the game that Rodgers said Watson was expecting for that pass to have a low trajectory and be more line drive while Rodgers threw it way up. That would explain it somewhat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, craig said:

12 said in his press conference he probably wasn’t looking up for it, but to the side. That ball was dropped in on a pretty nice arc and hopefully Watson will get adjusted to those kinds of throws he wasn’t getting in NCAA and Rodgers will get adjusted to the routes our young receiver is running. 

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Guy still needs some serious help tracking and catching, but damn is the H/W/S rare. Just keep throwing him the ball and who cares if he drops a few.

I was thrilled he caught the contested 58yder. Wasn't a gimme, DB made a decent play on the ball and Watson made a nice over the shoulder catch and run. Super promising to see.

Disappointed he didn't see the other long one until too late, however. You know that irks Rodgers because that was a perfect ball if Watson doesn't slow himself.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I was thrilled he caught the contested 58yder. Wasn't a gimme, DB made a decent play on the ball and Watson made a nice over the shoulder catch and run. Super promising to see.

Disappointed he didn't see the other long one until too late, however. You know that irks Rodgers because that was a perfect ball if Watson doesn't slow himself.

He just doesn't look super natural yet, you kind of hold your breath when the ball is up in the air.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He just doesn't look super natural yet, you kind of hold your breath when the ball is up in the air.

players that have a hard time tracking deep passes should be run on more deep posts and deep angled crossing type patterns vs pure vertical.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

This ^

Hopefully with some NFL level strength training he'll improve his hand strength and hand/eye coordination and like previously Packer WRs, he'll evolve into a "****** and go" reception style.

Didnt realize that s n a t c h was an embargoed word.....

Edited by Leader