Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

15 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Doesn't change the fact .. pretty iffy post.  Time will tell but thinking it will be a top 10er.  Good news though .. he probably will turn out much better than you thought.

Again, you don't post much here, do you.

You realize that the thread was made because I made one for Amari Rodgers and he had a break out pre-season game.

I was asked to do another, hoping that it would work again.  

And it did.

You.  Are.  All.  Welcome.

I'm thinking of doing one more.....

Hey vegas492,

Remember that time you made a thread that said that Christian Watson was not good! 

Speaking as someone who bought a Derrick Mayes jersey after he went off for three tuddies on Carolina, I'm still a little concerned that Christian Watson is a mixture of off the charts strengths plus problematic WOOF! the charts weaknesses.

As I see it, the biggest hurdle for him is the ability to stay on the field. For a receiver, an NFL game can be like living through six different car accidents. Maybe he was getting hit by Mini Coopers in Div 2.

I can be persuaded that he can get better at the other stuff, including developing NFL hands and route running. But because vegas492 doess not believe in Christian Watson it will probably all end in tears.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Seems safe to say the story behind why this thread was created has been lost on several of the people now posting in it.

Can they be called nubes?  Or nubies?  I don't really know anymore.  But at least the edit function didn't block those words.

The three TD's obviously huge.  But I think he also caught a little short dart on a 3rd down, I think, that kept a drive alive?  My recall is that the throw was pretty fast and pretty low, down at his knees, and it wasn't necessarily an easy catch for a tall guy running fast.  But for a tall guy he was able to get low really quickly and made a nice and secure, no-drama catch.  Given his speed and his burst, some short-but-meaningful catches like that could be valuable, too.  

I'm the eternal optimist, so this might be Koolaid.  But, I admit I'm kinda curious and optimistic that next season, Watson, Doubs, and Toure could all three be healthy and all familiar and all kind of good receivers who can be involved in a downfield passing game?  

Having all three rookies working together could be fun.

On 8/26/2022 at 9:31 PM, thrILL! said:

I hope a lifelong Packers fan who is brand new to this board finds this thread lol. Just picturing the look on their face reading this…🤣

Just bumping this very early comment into this part of the thread.  Some posts just age like fine wine or Jennifer Anniston.

• Like 1

Okay, now that all my fears with Watson were realized, I’m ready for the fun part.

I propose we give Aaron Rodgers the Yellow Light on a Randy Ratio for Christian Watson. Yellow light in this case means he has to discount double check that it’s a 1v1 for Watson deep. But otherwise full blown Randy Ratio. It’ll open up everyone else. We just need these explosive plays. Worst case it’s a punt anyway.