Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

Christian Watson’s dad said 9 has been timed 4.21 in the 40. Said he’s running away from NFL DBs because he’s faster than 4.38.

I agree with this. Last spring I was looking at MVS' 10/20/40 times at the combine (1.55/2.58/4.37) compared to Watson's (1.45/2.45/4.36). The conclusion I came to was that Watson was quicker but that MVS' top speed must be better because his 20-40 time was 1.79 vs Watsons 1.91. I no longer believe MVS' top speed beats Watson. Maybe Watson coasted the last 20. 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Contract value is paramount in salary cap league. If Rodgers wants to be the highest paid player in the league, he's gonna have to make due with lower quality weapons then. Raiders traded a 1st and made Adams the highest paid receiver and where'd that get them? They'll finish with a worst record then last year. MVS is like the 4th WR on KC. Draft at least 1 WR in rounds 2-4 every year. If they hit, trade them when there contract is up. Rinse and repeat

https://sportsnaut.com/highest-paid-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl/

https://sportsnaut.com/highest-paid-nfl-players/

43 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Christian Watson’s dad said 9 has been timed 4.21 in the 40. Said he’s running away from NFL DBs because he’s faster than 4.38.

I agree with this. Last spring I was looking at MVS' 10/20/40 times at the combine (1.55/2.58/4.37) compared to Watson's (1.45/2.45/4.36). The conclusion I came to was that Watson was quicker but that MVS' top speed must be better because his 20-40 time was 1.79 vs Watsons 1.91. I no longer believe MVS' top speed beats Watson. Maybe Watson coasted the last 20. 😀

For what it is worth, I think Watson ran a 4.29 unofficial time.

What I saw from him in college concerning his speed is what we are all seeing now.  It isn't that he is fast.  It is how quickly he gets that speed, too.  It is sudden.  And like Moss, he has another gear when he needs it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

In the Eagles game he had a 4.3 defender who had the angle on him, and the dude didn't lay a hand on him. In fact, he gave up at about the 10-yard line. 

There is quick and there is fast. He's get the **** outta here what just happened and where did he go? That is Watson.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

For what it is worth, I think Watson ran a 4.29 unofficial time.

What I saw from him in college concerning his speed is what we are all seeing now.  It isn't that he is fast.  It is how quickly he gets that speed, too.  It is sudden.  And like Moss, he has another gear when he needs it.

Thank GOD they changed it, or he would have been drafted way before pick 22. 

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Has Watson not taken off?? Not sure what else you'd call the last month?? The guy reaches 20 MPH on pretty much any route he doesn't have to break on. You force feed those gifts if you have any offensive prowess as a playcaller whatsoever.

With another camp like last year, Doubs is going to become a reliable #2. He's just way above his experience level when it comes to nuances of the position. When he plays with the same level of confidence that Watson has learned from achieving success, that's another target you need to get the ball to.

I am one of the biggest Lazard fans on here, but there's nothing dynamic or explosive there. We gave him a chance to show there's more to his game and there's not. He's a big slot who is dependable and elevates those around him with his route running and blocking. I'd still be fine paying Laz at 10 per solely because of how much better he's going to make the WR room, but not as the main target share. Not if you want any sort of dynamic qualities in your offense.

I will always maintain that Lazard is the most underrated dude on this roster. People talk about him like he's in a ******* wheelchair. He's a 6'4 220lb guy who runs a 4.5. that's a damn solid NFL athlete. You just have to use him differently than a guy like Watson. God forbid we ask a QB to throw anticipation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I will always maintain that Lazard is the most underrated dude on this roster. People talk about him like he's in a ******* wheelchair. He's a 6'4 220lb guy who runs a 4.5. that's a damn solid NFL athlete. You just have to use him differently than a guy like Watson. God forbid we ask a QB to throw anticipation. 

Lazard debates are some of my favorite here just because I have no idea where I land. I feel like I've always been pro Lazard but I can see the other side pretty often. But he's not all shiny and fast and doesn't do crazy things that stand way out so he's trash. 

I think the udfa thing has always hurt him but I'm reality it's all his perceived speed deficiency. That being said I bagged on him all game for falling down after every catch too. 

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The only thing holding Watson back from taking off is #12. That dude has skills you don't see in a 6'4 guy since Randy Moss. How do you gameplan for a dude that big and fast without leaving other areas completely susceptible to being gashed? To stop him you have to commit two guys every play, even then he's going to win over the top once in a while. 

We're all frustrated with the season, but this is one of your few misses as a poster. Still respect the heck out of your knowledge though. 

We were saying the exact same things about MVS a few years ago. 

Much like Rashan Gary, I'm not saying Watson isn't going to be an elite player. I'm saying that there are still rough edges that need to be grounded down for him to really shine. 

I'm thrilled with Watson's TD production, but it isn't sustainable as is. 

• Like 1