The Justin Fields watch thread

JAF-N72EX

he has every physical attribute, every mental attribute, has had a chip on his shoulder growing in Lawrence's shadow  

and is OBSESSED with being the best  

Mahomes is the only QB I would swap him for, and I would be a little uneasy doing that 😳  

Allen gambles and turns it over way too much, Lawrence may prove to be in this top tier but hardly the same specimen or drive as JF, Burrow, Lamar Jackson and  Mighty Mouse round out the top tier

Dak, Hurts, zach wilson and Tua are a tier below...

deshaun is pos

With Mustipher being a turnstile I really want to upgrade C, but if we miss on Pocic I would definitely be good for a double down on a pair of OTs. Say we get Jenkins and Conklin, I move Jones to LG and Borom to C. 

I don't care that he hasn't played it before. Connor Williams was an OT in college and OG in DAL, but Miami moved him to center when they signed him. Borom has the size and strength needed to anchor against some of the big DTs we face.  

Jones has serious athleticism as an OG and would allow us to utilize him as a puller. I pulled his info from his RAS and switched to OG. 

Screenshot-20221114-235830.jpg

So think of an OL of:

E. Jenkins- Jones - Borom - T. Jenkins - Conklin

I see two Pro Bowl talents as bookends and three young guys growing in the interior,  Jenkins having All Pro potential.  Plus run blockers is an understatement,  and 5 guys who have athleticism to play OT in the NFL. 

19 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I am finding it absolutely hilarious that just a few weeks ago people were saying that JF was the worst qb from his draft class that has had any starts but now NFL.com has him ranked as the 7th best QB in the league. Hot takes be hot taking.

Well,  that's as good a reminder as any not to get too high or low.  He's playing ******* amazeballs right now but I'm still not declaring him the QB for the next decade. it's just that it sure does feel good to be this optimistic. 

As to the "Running QB who can’t throw or play in pocket is predominant perception. " view.... safe to say we've got to be feeling pretty good about how he's going to look with a more confidence inspiring line and some guys that can catch, right? 

Really walking a tightrope here, but unlike the usual "is he good, or is he getting away with it?" it's more like "Can he do the one thing really well, or are we going to see him do lots and lots things really well?" 

I'll take it! 

• Like 3

Fields made 3 throws that I remember just off of the top of my head where he scanned the field and threw to his 2nd or 3rd read. He isn't perfect but those people are simply looking at stats and assuming he can't throw. I was extremely hard on him but he's proving me to be the moron that I am to my core. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Fields made 3 throws that I remember just off of the top of my head where he scanned the field and threw to his 2nd or 3rd read. He isn't perfect but those people are simply looking at stats and assuming he can't throw. I was extremely hard on him but he's proving me to be the moron that I am to my core. 

This is what growth looks like. I salute you sir.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

You and I were both hard on him earlier in the season. The last few weeks he has been playing crazy good, the only thing like I mentioned elsewhere is that I'd like the passing game to keep progressing. Now hopefully it does this season, but they also might be capped on it and next season with better weapons and OL they can do it.

47 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I had faith in Fields, Getsy is the one making me look like a dumb****. I am completely content to look so if it means the offense is thriving.

• Like 1

Well, I've seen enough to say Fields deserves a shot next year, but with starting talent on the OL and skill pos guys.  Any precedent for shutting a guy down after this kind of injury?

Hopefully that nice, creamy, middle of the season is enough to convince Poles.  If they have him play out the rest of the year they might make it to 5-12, which doesn't seem worth it.  Fields performed with a negligent personell group, BEING the offensive identity and in turn took an entire offense worth of hits and abuse. 

Seems like fans see it, refs seem to be working towards it, but will the team pack him in ice and let the results play out?