Bills release TE O.J. Howard

TheKillerNacho

12 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Really thought he was gonna be the Next Big TE.

Remember when that TE class was considered by some as the greatest of all time? Four guys with first round grades, three ended up going in round one, another couple in round two. 14 TEs drafted and a decent amount of hype around most of them. Evan Engram and his average of ~560 yards a year has been by far the most productive of the guys from the first two days.

However, a lot of the day three guys were viewed as quality starters or coverage mismatches entering the NFL and George Kittle was one of them. 

6 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Remember when that TE class was considered by some as the greatest of all time? Four guys with first round grades, three ended up going in round one, another couple in round two. 14 TEs drafted and a decent amount of hype around most of them. Evan Engram and his average of ~560 yards a year has been by far the most productive of the guys from the first two days.

However, a lot of the day three guys were viewed as quality starters or coverage mismatches entering the NFL and George Kittle was one of them. 

Don’t disrespect David Njokeu with his top 5 TE salary!

21 hours ago, DawgX said:

Wow. It seemed like Buffalo was a good place for him to revive his career a bit, but I guess not.

I had little faith in him. He had his opportunity to ball out with Brady once Gronk was injured and failed. Good reclamation project to take on, but I was never really optimistic.  

32 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Is Hayden Hurst a disappointment?

Think that's pretty much a yes - Hurst was another guy who was touted coming out, but never even scratched the surface of that hype in Baltimore and Atlanta.

21 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I couldn’t be less surprised with his failures. He wasn’t terribly impressive in college, didn’t show up to most games and exploded in bowl games and was on everyone’s radars. His career has gone exactly as I expected it to. 

To be fair, Saban went on record saying he regret not utilizing him more in the offense. 

52 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Think that's pretty much a yes - Hurst was another guy who was touted coming out, but never even scratched the surface of that hype in Baltimore and Atlanta.

@NJerseypaint 

Not in the slightest! By all accounts Hurst has looked great in camp and looks to be the best TE we’ve had since Eifert. Howard is a depth signing, as we have a few guys dealing with injuries, and he’s a bargain at this point.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

@NJerseypaint 

Not in the slightest! By all accounts Hurst has looked great in camp and looks to be the best TE we’ve had since Eifert. Howard is a depth signing, as we have a few guys dealing with injuries, and he’s a bargain at this point.

Interesting, looks like he figured it out. Late bloomer guy, with his baseball career - good to know he's improved.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Interesting, looks like he figured it out. Late bloomer guy, with his baseball career - good to know he's improved.

It will be interesting to see what he’s got. He’s been outperformed and overshadowed by all-pros (or future all-pros) since he was drafted. First by Mark Andrews in Baltimore, then by Kyle Pitts in Atlanta. He gets a chance to lead our TE room this year.

• Like 1