Bills release TE O.J. Howard

TheKillerNacho

10 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What happened here, Bills fans? I'll echo the sentiment from above. I thought this guy was a sure fire stud in the NFL. Big, strong, good blocker, athletic. He seemed to have it all. Did the achilles injury doom him?

He got injured on the Bucs and he hasn’t been able to get it together since. He just really hasn’t penned out 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What happened here, Bills fans? I'll echo the sentiment from above. I thought this guy was a sure fire stud in the NFL. Big, strong, good blocker, athletic. He seemed to have it all. Did the achilles injury doom him?

All reports out of camp were he was lacklustre in every phase. 

Team likes Sweeney and his locker room presence and 2nd year UDFA Quinton Morris had a really nice camp. Bills also have Reggie Gilliam as an H-Back guy who just got a new contract earlier this summer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

IMO he's the poster child for evaluating a TE being about the hardest thing to do in the draft.

I remember never wanting him the year we drafted him

BUT EVERYONE was saying he's a slam dunk pick and instant starter, prototype TE, best TE to come out in yatta yatta

smh

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I remember never wanting him the year we drafted him

BUT EVERYONE was saying he's a slam dunk pick and instant starter, prototype TE, best TE to come out in yatta yatta

smh

I couldn’t be less surprised with his failures. He wasn’t terribly impressive in college, didn’t show up to most games and exploded in bowl games and was on everyone’s radars. His career has gone exactly as I expected it to.