Week 1 GDT: Giants @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m really hoping that this is Vrabel covering for the offense not getting set and not what really happened. Because if with 18 seconds and a timeout we were content to settle for that kick, we deserved every bit of that L.

Our offense is content we take the conservative approach all the time, man when I’m life when we ever evolve this is Fisher 2.0 

I know it’s week 1… long season. We got smoked week 1 last year

but just reeks of same ish, different day. Had opportunities to really really put it out of reach early and we squandered them 

then just continue to shoot ourselves in the foot in the second half

not even making a real effort to get our athletes the ball

defense was awful outside of front four 

Vrabel and downing … shameful 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EddieGeorge27 said:

The quicker we get to the realization that we can't power run ourselves to a first round exit is all for the better. Maybe we can look like a modern offense, if the run game just doesn't dig us out of the dumb holes we put ourselves in

Fisher 2.0 by the time we get a passing offense Henry be passed his prime & we’ll still force feed him the ball 

Bullock was supposed to be looking great and of course he chocked. 

2 red zone trips and 6 points. 

Questionable play calling the whole game. 

3 real big defensive breakdowns. Ruin a good game from the defensive line. 

I really don't care. Maybe it's my age. But ugh. 

Why can't we just score and play good offense 

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

at the end of the day, i just can't see us really succeeding as a team with what we do on offense. we'll probably have an okay season, we'll probably have some nice wins, maybe we'll make the playoffs, maybe we'll even win the division. but it's very obvious that any hopes we had of downing turning over a new leaf or tim kelly having an impact were false, and it's going to be the same old story with this offense.

We’ve put a cap on how great our team could be with our offensive philosophy/system. It’s just getting harder to get fully invested in this team when we’ve been running this ancient run first, power football offense the entire history of this franchise. Running some variation of Fisherball in 2022 is tiresome.

It use to bother me when outsiders would talk about the Titans and how we’re boring and not entertaining, ect. Now I see that they’re totally right.

• Like 1

It’s just tough to believe that we can’t see who has the hot hand and ride it. Giants are playing the run, Tannehill is making smart decisions, why are we unable to just let it fly for a game? Why do we insist on making things as tough on ourselves as possible? How do you script that first drive and then turn away from Tannehill for two quarters? 

Just have no faith in our ability to get out of our own way offensively.

• Like 1

Just now, titans0021 said:

It’s just tough to believe that we can’t see who has the hot hand and ride it. Giants are playing the run, Tannehill is making smart decisions, why are we unable to just let it fly for a game? Why do we insist on making things as tough on ourselves as possible? How do you script that first drive and then turn away from Tannehill for two quarters? 

Just have no faith in our ability to get out of our own way offensively.

The fact we didn’t take advantage of a great pass blocking game makes it all the more frustrating.

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

We’ve put a cap on how great our team could be with our offensive philosophy/system. It’s just getting harder to get fully invested in this team when we’ve been running this ancient run first, power football offense the entire history of this franchise. Running some variation of Fisherball in 2022 is tiresome.

It use to bother me when outsiders would talk about the Titans and how we’re boring and not entertaining, ect. Now I see that they’re totally right.

yeah, exactly. it totally erases any possibility of a championship-caliber offense- we've seen that play out in the playoffs, repeatedly!- yet absolutely nothing changes. vrabel is a good coach overall, and there's way worse possibilities out there if we were to ever move on from him. it's not on the table and it shouldn't be. but it's increasingly difficult to believe he'll ever win a super bowl when he's just fine with running this stone age scheme year after year, and as a result it's increasingly difficult to really care about the team. like, we all know how this is gonna go. somewhere between 8 and 11 wins, a division title if we're lucky, and one and done if we make the playoffs.

• Like 1

I’ve said it before.. as good as Henry is I think him being here caps our offense and it’s not his fault  because the coaches want to make sure he gets his touches.. The offense runs through Henry and not Tannehill. Teams have figured how to stop us and the coaches won’t adjust.

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

I’ve said it before.. as good as Henry is I think him being here caps our offense and it’s not his fault  because the coaches want to make sure he gets his touches.. The offense runs through Henry and not Tannehill. Teams have figured how to stop us and the coaches won’t adjust.

Henry missed half the season last year and the offense was by in large the same. It's just the offense Vrabel prefers.