Week 1 GDT: Giants @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

I don’t even mind a guy like Hollister getting a few snaps, it’s the way we use him just like NWI last year. He should never be the only WR on the field. At best, it completely telegraphs run. At worst, it’s leaving Tannehill without any viable options on the off chance we actually pass.

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t even mind a guy like Hollister getting a few snaps, it’s the way we use him just like NWI last year. He should never be the only WR on the field. At best, it completely telegraphs run. At worst, it’s leaving Tannehill without any viable options on the off chance we actually pass.

Early morning thoughts and this is one of the things I keep going back to.

After Big Jeff’s huge sack fumble and chance to really put the game away with a 17-0 lead, we decide to run multiple plays in the redzone out of 13 personnel with our 5th WR as the lone WR. Can’t even put into words how frustrating that is.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

With Tannehill going 6-7 for 100 yards with two touchdowns on the seven first down pass plays to that point. Gotta run though. Establishing your identity is much more important than winning football games.

& that is why I always said he’s a game manager they call plays for him to manage the game, they take the conservative approach,not go out there & win it, carry the team. He’s a good enough pocket passer my only issue with tanny is he doesn’t read the entire field but a lot of QB’s can’t. When is it going to click in the coaching staff head that we’re capable of using the pass to setup the run, it’s like they’re stuck on stupid 

I think you just simply have to sum this up to a pathetic coaching performance, primarily by Vrabel and Downing. Just absolute scared playcalling outside the first drive, left points on the board, came out so flat to start the second half, and then just complete mismanagement of the 4th quarter...from Swaim bring "the guy" on the screen, to Chigs end around, to burning the final TO....

the run D was awful. Long was particularly bad. But I put this one squarely on Vrabel and Downing

And again, Ryan wasn't the problem. I mean you had at least 3 passes hit WRs right in the hand (Face if you count Swaim) and drop them. 
Hillard had a key drop on an 3rd down.
Swaim with said ball to the face (giggity).
Phillips with an 3rd down drop.

Tanny missed on one that comes to mind. He tried to force it to Phillips when NWI broke right behind him. 

And talking about NWI for a second. I know people hate but all this mofo does is make tough catches for 1st downs. 
The OC is legit crazy.  NWI, Woods, Burks, Hooper, Chig, and Phillips should never ALL be off the field at once.