Week 2: Bears on SNF @ Lambeau - Packers WIN 27-10 and improve to 1-1!

FAH1223

28 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

One of the reporters was implying it. Seems a little odd to sign another lineman, when he’d be unlikely to see the field.  

They sign another OL because they may well be without 3 of their preferred starters against the Bears.  

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Anything to distract from his own lackluster play. 

Aaron has put up two crap performances in a row.  Ended last season with a stink bomb, and started this season with a foul stench.  Time to man up and figure it out again.  They used to be able to win without Adams .. hopefully they can find that mojo at home against the Bears.  We need a much better performance from the Oline.  Hopefully we can get at least Elgton Jenkins back this week. 

As for Bakhtiari there's recent footage of him hobbling around still.  He's just not right, although it's unclear which leg he's favoring.  He's probably going to have to decide whether to start playing thru pain, or whether to hang it up.  I'm not going to count on him returning.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

One of the reporters was implying it. Seems a little odd to sign another lineman, when he’d be unlikely to see the field.  

Read somewhere that the Packers were concerned about some OL injuries around the league and that Balt/Tampa might be sniffing around Jones.  Don't know how valid that is.

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Read somewhere that the Packers were concerned about some OL injuries around the league and that Balt/Tampa might be sniffing around Jones.  Don't know how valid that is.

Might be true, but I doubt it. Jones is a project and provides close to nothing as day 1 replacement help. 

6 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Really need the line to get healthy quick. Figure to see lots of Jones/Dillon again this week and short passing game. Defense should have a rebound performance. Anyone hear anything on how Lazard is coming along?

Practiced yesterday in limited fashion .. doubt he's near 100 percent yet.  Hopefully he can go today and tomorrow and then start on Sunday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Aaron has put up two crap performances in a row.  Ended last season with a stink bomb, and started this season with a foul stench.  Time to man up and figure it out again.  They used to be able to win without Adams .. hopefully they can find that mojo at home against the Bears.  We need a much better performance from the Oline.  Hopefully we can get at least Elgton Jenkins back this week. 

3 in a row tbh.  He looked like **** against DET and was outplayed by Love in the same game.  I said in the last GDT that he was already in January form and got jumped on by Rodgers apologists lol. 

Tbh I hope he figures it out quickly or shakes off the rust and gets back to ✌MVP✌form sooner than later. Sure it sucks that Watson dropped a gem of a pass but Rodgers can’t fall to pieces after a drop. Mental midget indeed. 

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

3 in a row tbh.  He looked like **** against DET and was outplayed by Love in the same game.  I said in the last GDT that he was already in January form and got jumped on by Rodgers apologists lol. 

Tbh I hope he figures it out quickly or shakes off the rust and gets back to ✌MVP✌form sooner than later. Sure it sucks that Watson dropped a gem of a pass but Rodgers can’t fall to pieces after a drop. Mental midget indeed. 

to be fair....

If Rodgers is indeed a mental midget.....

Then his line was, at best, grossly incompetent in the last game.

I want to rip on Rodgers, as I am not an apologist for him.  But man, even I find it hard to do so after that OL performance.  I'll even throw MLF in there with the o-line for having a poor performance.

The grey area for me is this....playcalling.  Guessing Rodgers got a run and a pass on most every play brought in.  At least one of each.  I wish I knew how many runs were turned to passes by Rodgers.  Because that is my complaint...lack of commitment to the running game.  I cannot tell anyone, with any degree of certainty that the lack of runs was because Rodgers called a pass instead of a run.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

HUH. He's had nothing but pro bowlers to throw to in Tampa and the best TE in league history in NE. Wasn't often throwing out young guys on the team with savy vets  Welker, Moss, Brown, Branch, Patten 

Yep he lost with Moss, Brown turned into a DB. Welker was a good addition and player for him. 

AR had Jennings, driver, Nelson, Adams and others. TB won SB''s with less too was my point. I've been an AR apologist but sometimes it needs to be said. He's got to turn good into great or bad into good. He's getting paid considerably more than TB. My point to TB was that he's also had years where he had very little to throw to sure, he had a great all world TE and then what Edleman the short kid:). 

Just tired of the I won't throw you mentality if you're not perfect, while he has warts too. He's going to have to lean into what he has and pressure them and push them by what throwing them the ball, allot. Hopefully he can get over himself. At times he's the biggest problem.