Official GDT: Week 2 J-E-T-S vs. Browns

MWil23

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

5 minutes ago, kayelcio said:

So we have Denzel and Delpit both salty and not wanting to say something, perhaps blame a person. Either they have a personality conflict with members in the secondary or they are biting their tongues about coaching. It's weird that there is more discord among players when Stef is a really good coach and Woods is a really good coach.

TL;DR blame Baker

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

So we have Denzel and Delpit both salty and not wanting to say something, perhaps blame a person. Either they have a personality conflict with members in the secondary or they are biting their tongues about coaching. It's weird that there is more discord among players when Stef is a really good coach and Woods is a really good coach.

TL;DR blame Baker

Nah....the Panthers will be blaming him soon (if not already) Has not been a stellar start of the year for him!

Edited by big poppa pump
moving on from him is looking like a good decision
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Nah....the Panthers will be blaming him soon (if not already) Has not been a stellar start of the year for him!

It's pretty clear if you watch the Panthers games--who would do that, though, of course--that Baker isn't the problem. It's between Cincinnati and Carolina for worst offensive line in the league (and between Stef, Rhule and Denver's guy for worst coach). That said, Baker hasn't been the solution either. He had one bad throw that should have been a pick and overthrew a guy who would have scored a touchdown. If the refs hadn't cheated for Cleveland and Baker hit that throw the Panthers would be 2-0 for what it's worth 🤷‍♂️. But yeah, the Panthers look bad right now and Baker hasn't played especially well. Last week folks were calling him a franchise guy again, though. Folks and their opinions blow with the wind.

34 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It's pretty clear if you watch the Panthers games--who would do that, though, of course--that Baker isn't the problem. It's between Cincinnati and Carolina for worst offensive line in the league (and between Stef, Rhule and Denver's guy for worst coach). That said, Baker hasn't been the solution either. He had one bad throw that should have been a pick and overthrew a guy who would have scored a touchdown. If the refs hadn't cheated for Cleveland and Baker hit that throw the Panthers would be 2-0 for what it's worth 🤷‍♂️. But yeah, the Panthers look bad right now and Baker hasn't played especially well. Last week folks were calling him a franchise guy again, though. Folks and their opinions blow with the wind.

It seems like a bit of a stretch- he was bad vs us outside of two throws really. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

I've never seen a PROFESSIONAL TEAM blow so many coverages on deep go routes or posts, and it happened last year a lot too (See: The Chargers game)

Yup. Either we have the dumbest secondary in the league or a terrible DC, or both.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Also the freaking call as well. Why the hell would we play a two deep zone underneath. They had to get two tds in two minutes. Let them dink and dunk and force them inside.

Also Ward should abandon the flat in that situation. Just for situation.  2nd quarter you don’t but with less than 2 min give up a 15 yard play, hell a 30 yard play is fine underneath. Call timeout and give the DL a rest.  

Oh and who didn’t block on the onside kick? 

8 hours ago, kayelcio said:

My goodness for so many reasons this dude needs to just be communicating with the splinters on his backside this next week. Then he can use the long week to decide whether or not he wants his job back and/or if he wants to be a professional. 

• Like 1

The “on to the next week” narrative is somewhat irking to me. Sure, you can’t dwell on the past and the Steelers are on the schedule the day after tomorrow, but I hate the idea of just leaving that game in the past.  Like, no dude.  You’d better wake up every ******* day and remember that game and what you and your teammates did or didn’t do.  

The general attitude from the players is not what I’d call great imo.  “It wasn’t my fault… I didn’t like the fan’s response….moving on….”  Like, imagine MJ or Ray Lewis or some ish.  You think they’re just gonna give a “whelp, that sucks” and move on?  I’m not saying guys need to go out and be something they’re not, but as a fan I’d like to at least see they’re unhappy with how things turned out and there’s some resolve to get the issue addressed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The “on to the next week” narrative is somewhat irking to me. Sure, you can’t dwell on the past and the Steelers are on the schedule the day after tomorrow, but I hate the idea of just leaving that game in the past.  Like, no dude.  You’d better wake up every ******* day and remember that game and what you and your teammates did or didn’t do.  

The general attitude from the players is not what I’d call great imo.  “It wasn’t my fault… I didn’t like the fan’s response….moving on….”  Like, imagine MJ or Ray Lewis or some ish.  You think they’re just gonna give a “whelp, that sucks” and move on?  I’m not saying guys need to go out and be something they’re not, but as a fan I’d like to at least see they’re unhappy with how things turned out and there’s some resolve to get the issue addressed.

The general annoyance, inability to man up to shortcomings, nonverbals, wearing a hoodie halfway over his face and showing no desire to speak - Delpit just showed his arse and looked like a clown in general. You cost your team the game dude.

And beyond this, if a player like Ward is pretty aware that wasn’t his responsibility, and I believe him, and the coaches aren’t being upfront about it being a coaching issue, I think it’s pretty obviously Delfit’s fault here. Maybe instead of being annoyed at the media doing their job, just saying you screwed up? I’m more forgiving when somebody is mature with their shortcomings, you move on, and prove us wrong the next time. Not that I like the result but that was some bad media. Put his arse on some splintery pine and hope he learns to avoid these communication breakdowns henceforth. If not you can put both him and Woods on a canon together to the Phantom zone. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The general annoyance, inability to man up to shortcomings, nonverbals, wearing a hoodie halfway over his face and showing no desire to speak - Delpit just showed his arse and looked like a clown in general. You cost your team the game dude.

And beyond this, if a player like Ward is pretty aware that wasn’t his responsibility, and I believe him, and the coaches aren’t being upfront about it being a coaching issue, I think it’s pretty obviously Delfit’s fault here. Maybe instead of being annoyed at the media doing their job, just saying you’re screwed up? I am at more forgiving when somebody is mature with their shortcomings, you move on, and prove us wrong the next time. Not that I like the result but that was some bad media. Put his arse on some splintery pine and hope he learns to avoid these communication breakdowns henceforth. If not you can put both him and Woods on a canon together to the Phantom zone. 

You can’t improve and correct mistakes until you first admit you made a mistake, which is not a big deal, it happens.  You just have to own it and make the necessary changes so it doesn’t keep happening.

As far as the coaches, specifically the defensive backs coach and the DC, imo we should be pretty close to head on the chopping block time.  Get things figured out NOW, or we need to move on.  It’s one thing for guys to get beat by another professional, it’s something completely different for pros to not have a clue what their doing on a basic zone coverage middle school teams use.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 2