Notable Stats

Hunter2_1

3 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

“Adjusted for pass protection, receiver drops, dropped interceptions, luck on interceptable passes, fumble recoveries, and interception returns, given credit for expected yards after the catch only, and accounting for defenses faced.”

Safe to assume it doesn’t factor in his legs and is purely looking at what he did with his arm. Also doesn’t factor in receiver talent, other than drops. 

Even disregarding his running, it's hard for me to imagine a passer-only comparison being even close between Daniel Jones, Andy Dalton, Jacoby Brissett and Lamar Jackson.

• Like 3

Wasn’t really sure where to post this since we don’t have NFL General Discussion anymore but according to Over The Cap the Lions currently have the 7th most cap space this offseason, 2nd most in 2025, 4th most in 2026, and 2nd most in 2027. Now I don’t fully understand the cap and I know St. Brown and Goff will be getting paid, but between how well they draft and how good their cap situation looks, I can’t really see a falloff from them the next few years. What say you?

1 hour ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Wasn’t really sure where to post this since we don’t have NFL General Discussion anymore but according to Over The Cap the Lions currently have the 7th most cap space this offseason, 2nd most in 2025, 4th most in 2026, and 2nd most in 2027. Now I don’t fully understand the cap and I know St. Brown and Goff will be getting paid, but between how well they draft and how good their cap situation looks, I can’t really see a falloff from them the next few years. What say you?

Looking ahead at cap situations more than 1 year down the road is only meaningful if you also look at the number of players under contract in thkse years. Having the 4th most cap space in 2026 looks good... it you've got 30+ players under contract. 

• Like 4

Last year was only the third tie-free season since the OT rules were first nerfed in 2012. In the 22 years before that, there were 19 tie-free seasons, constituting the golden age of NFL OT.

We can get out of what is currently the Dark Age of NFL OT by adopting the college rules.

13 hours ago, pf9 said:

Last year was only the third tie-free season since the OT rules were first nerfed in 2012. In the 22 years before that, there were 19 tie-free seasons, constituting the golden age of NFL OT.

We can get out of what is currently the Dark Age of NFL OT by adopting the college rules.

A9Xq7U.gif

It's been proven that the college rules are far more safe than how the NFL currently does OT by limiting full offensive possessions to the first two OTs. Plus both teams would get a possession even in the regular season, unlike the current rules which limit this stipulation to the playoffs.

45 minutes ago, pf9 said:

It's been proven that the college rules are far more safe than how the NFL currently does OT by limiting full offensive possessions to the first two OTs. Plus both teams would get a possession even in the regular season, unlike the current rules which limit this stipulation to the playoffs.

Sad that there's no mention of geography or television networks in this post.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Mahomes made Reid not the other way around.

Is there an all-time great coach that didn't lean on a great QB? Bill has Brady, Walsh had Montana, Reid has Mahomes, Lombardi had Starr. I guess Shula didn't really have that, although Bob Griese was very good and is a Hall of Famer. Parcells is the one guy you can say never had a great QB in his tenure and is still an all-time coach. 

Point is, I think there is a symbiotic relationship there and it'd be really difficult to prove one is definitively more important than, or "made", the other. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Is there an all-time great coach that didn't lean on a great QB? Bill has Brady, Walsh had Montana, Reid has Mahomes, Lombardi had Starr. I guess Shula didn't really have that, although Bob Griese was very good and is a Hall of Famer. Parcells is the one guy you can say never had a great QB in his tenure and is still an all-time coach. 

Point is, I think there is a symbiotic relationship there and it'd be really difficult to prove one is definitively more important than, or "made", the other. 

Joe Gibbs is the only exception(with Parcells).But for Andy Reid,he still won around 60% of his games in 19 years before the Mahomes era,so he was still a very good head coach despite no super bowl

Because he just changed teams I'd like to remind everyone about Jeremy Chinn being the only player to ever record back-to-back defensive touchdowns on consecutive plays. That was against the Vikings in his rookie year. Those are his only TDs in his career and they happened about 10 seconds apart!

• Like 2