Week 3: Packers @ Tampa Bay Bucs - PG: Packers WIN 14-12, Move to 2-1!

FAH1223

It's probable that the NFL/PA (disciplinary hearings are handled by both collectively, I believe it's Derrick Brooks and James Thrash) will fast track the suspension, since "you came off the sideline to shove the guy you've been beefing with and have previously been suspended for fighting with, why are you wasting our time with this?" seems like a probable response.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

True and probably not....but the process could carry over to the following week.
Not sure how quick they adjudicate these things.

I guess in theory they could try, but this isn't a complex case like a criminal conviction or a drug issue. Just involved game conduct and I'm guessing there are already policies in place for when the appeal has to be filed (likely in the next day or two) and then a ruling within a day or two after that. 

Edited by packfanfb

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

With Evans out, my win confidence meter in this game goes from 10% to 15%. This doesn't move the needle much for me. 

10% to 15% says so much about you without you knowing it. 

The game opened at Buccaneers (-3), basically a pick'em on a neutral field. M/L opened +142/-168, Tampa Bay isn't the big scary boogieman you have in your head.      

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, R T said:

The game opened at Buccaneers (-3), basically a pick'em on a neutral field. M/L opened +142/-168, Tampa Bay isn't the big scary boogieman you have in your head.      

15% win chance would be like a 21 point spread ffs

• Like 1

Evans suspended, and we’ll see about their other WRs availability during the week but they won’t be100%. Can Julio’s ghost still cause problems? I think he could still have a few games left in him, hopefully one of those games is not Sunday. Run D has plenty of work to do. 

Edited by Refugee

21 minutes ago, R T said:

Betting lines mean nothing. It's about matchups and intangibles. Our team will be better equipped to beat the Bucs in a few months. I expect this game to be closer to the result in 2020 when we played there. I'm guessing the line was pretty close to 3 points in that one too. Maybe I'll be surprised but I don't see it on paper.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Betting lines mean nothing. It's about matchups and intangibles. Our team will be better equipped to beat the Bucs in a few months. I expect this game to be closer to the result in 2020 when we played there. I'm guessing the line was pretty close to 3 points in that one too. Maybe I'll be surprised but I don't see it on paper.

The only saving element for GB is that TB is clearly weaker at oline. Add the WR issues… Tom might get frustrated.

But for every issue TB will have on offense… I’m sure GB will have just as many.

38 minutes ago, R T said:

Agreed, Tampa barely got any offense going against an average NO defense. This is a beatable team, I'm picking the Packers in a close one.

Just got the notification from NFL.com about a Evans 1 game suspension.

Wonder how long the appeal will last and if it will effect his availability Sunday but it should be pretty cut and dry that he won't be out there.

With Godwin pretty much ruled out, no TEs of note like they've had the last couple years, Fournette being a bit banged up recently and a weak o-line, our defense should be excellent. Our most formidable opponent is the Florida heat and humidity.

• Like 1

This is going to be a defensive slug fest.  At least it should be.

Julio is dinged already, who would have guessed.  Godwin is hobbled.  Evans in out.  We now the Buccs o-line is hurting to begin with.  But that defense....

Our o-line is getting better with Jenkins back, but it still isn't good.  Finding our way on offense.  And our defense?  Still a work in progress.

If I were to guess....we will need to play a different defense to win.  Heavier front.  And I feel like we should show a few middle blitzes to Brady.

Offensively, I'm not sure how we score 17.  Maybe we can get to 13.  

1 minute ago, Kampfgeist said:

The Packers are 40-11 over the last 3+ regular seasons.  The Packers are a good team with a good roster, good coaches and as healthy as a team could hope to be in the NFL.     Any chance TB fans are as scared of this matchup as some of you seem to be?   I like our chances. 

They ain't scared.  Not at all.

They got gaters in their retention ponds and pythons in their yards.