Week 3 GDT: San Francisco 49ers @ Denver Broncos

paul-mac

22 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

49ers 21-17

broncos fans start to regret the Russel Wilson trade and other nfl fans feel bad 

Many did, but he's a Bronco now. The trades done. If our OC can pull his head out if his ************ he'll be a fine addition.

On 9/21/2022 at 5:49 PM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Good post, but I disagree with the bolded 100%. I’ve spent the last 5 years teaching emergency medicine interns (and 10 years before that from 04-14 teaching combat medics) where they have less than 60 seconds to process limited information and make a life or death decision, and I’ve seen hundreds of people progress from being frozen with indecision to being calm and leading in live fire. These are learned skills, not innate/ingrained traits.

The difference is that Hackett has been an NFL coach for 15 years and spent his childhood following his father around. If he doesn't understand the nature of indecisiveness and its impact on a football team by now - he never will.

Now - could he learn - yes - will that make him a good HC - debateable. The Broncos have been woefully unprepared for both games and the coaching staff are now spending time trying to fix Hackett's incompetence rather than working on improving the team and preparing for the upcoming game. The depth of naivety in Hackett's approach is dumbfounding.

If the 49ers play up to their potential tonight it could be a massive blowout.

The Walton's didn't hire Hackett - and they are utterly ruthless in building and maintaining their tens of billions in wealth. If they get an incling that Hackett is not the guy going forward I could see them dumping him sooner rather than later. From their perspective - why waste the rest of the season with a guy they are going to sack anyway. I have seen some people talking about the Broncos firing Hackett and hiring Sean Payton.

1 hour ago, jolly red giant said:

The difference is that Hackett has been an NFL coach for 15 years and spent his childhood following his father around. If he doesn't understand the nature of indecisiveness and its impact on a football team by now - he never will.

Now - could he learn - yes - will that make him a good HC - debateable. The Broncos have been woefully unprepared for both games and the coaching staff are now spending time trying to fix Hackett's incompetence rather than working on improving the team and preparing for the upcoming game. The depth of naivety in Hackett's approach is dumbfounding.

If the 49ers play up to their potential tonight it could be a massive blowout.

The Walton's didn't hire Hackett - and they are utterly ruthless in building and maintaining their tens of billions in wealth. If they get an incling that Hackett is not the guy going forward I could see them dumping him sooner rather than later. From their perspective - why waste the rest of the season with a guy they are going to sack anyway. I have seen some people talking about the Broncos firing Hackett and hiring Sean Payton.

So we’re in agreement that it is a learnable skill and not an innate trait?

I never said he WOULD learn it, only that it was a learnable skill.

That being said I still disagree with your first paragraph. My interns come to me after 8+ years learning to be doctors. Hell, I get new staff after 11-12 years of training that still struggle with making the decisions initially, because it’s very different when YOU have to make the call. I think the fact that he made the hire this weeks tells us that he “understand[s] the nature of indecisiveness and its impact on a football team.”

again, that’s not to say he will develop this skill. My point continues to be that it is a learnable skill rather than an innate trait and that it’s one he appears to be trying to develop. What remains to be seen is if he can develop it before he gets fired.

• Like 1

Aight fellas chance to tie for first. It was our first big challenge before tonight's results. Now it's our first big game on multiple levels. Can our players offset Hackett? Cause he's not going to be worlds better in just a week. I'm hoping for roughly half the penalties and just running out of timeouts too early. Over/under on that? 😅

LETS RIDE