2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

I just can't accept that RB Robinson is top 10.  If he is still available at 13 then he has no business being top 10 material.😑

I hope Anthony Richardson is available at 13 so Jets could trade down to either Buccaneers (would be Licht's first time to trade up if in fact) or Vikings.

Would love to get Bucs' 1st and 2nd round picks but I am okay with Vikings' 2 first rounders because extra 1st round pick in 2024 could be helpful to get new qb if Rodgers quit.

Carter is now hard to figure out.  He is easily run out of gas plus his maturity is a lot of work.   He should be in rotational duty for first 2 years until he cleans up good.   I don't know about him being taken in top 15.  Bottom 7 is ideal spot for him and his character.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Carter is now hard to figure out.  He is easily run out of gas plus his maturity is a lot of work.   He should be in rotational duty for first 2 years until he cleans up good.   I don't know about him being taken in top 15.  Bottom 7 is ideal spot for him and his character.

My thing also is we have an elite DT. We don’t need another one. We just get someone who’s good and can run stuff we’ll be great. We need bodies there. But I wouldn’t spend 13 (probably not even 42 either) on DT. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

My thing also is we have an elite DT. We don’t need another one. We just get someone who’s good and can run stuff we’ll be great. We need bodies there. But I wouldn’t spend 13 (probably not even 42 either) on DT. 

I would be happier if Jets thought that way.

Going to be interesting at 13.   I would not be opposed to a DT at 13 IF the top OT's are gone.  The DL in Saleh's D is very important.  Couple that with the type of iDL they value (the kind that gets stats, hence big $) and they may want a Q replacement if they can't come to an agreement on an extension.  A name a couple of media personnel are throwing around is:

Calijah Kancey*, DT, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-0. Weight: 281. Arm: 30.63. Hand: 9.13.
Official 40 Time: 4.67.
Projected Round (2023): 1-2.

I believe the Jets are in attendance at Pitts pro day today.

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

Going to be interesting at 13.   I would not be opposed to a DT at 13 IF the top OT's are gone.  The DL in Saleh's D is very important.  Couple that with the type of iDL they value (the kind that gets stats, hence big $) and they may want a Q replacement if they can't come to an agreement on an extension.  A name a couple of media personnel are throwing around is:

Calijah Kancey*, DT, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-0. Weight: 281. Arm: 30.63. Hand: 9.13.
Official 40 Time: 4.67.
Projected Round (2023): 1-2.

I believe the Jets are in attendance at Pitts pro day today.

Lancet is a Q lite. We don’t need 2 of him when our starting OTs are a guy that’s played 1 game in 2 years and a 36yr old.

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Kancey does fit the bill but he is small in size and arm length.  Once he is contained he is done.   Waste of pick.

I’m sure a lot of people thought the same of Aaron Donald. Don’t get me wrong, I am not comparing him to one the greatest DT to ever play, but dismissing a talented player because he does not fit a prototypical body style is not the best way to judge them.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Lancet is a Q lite. We don’t need 2 of him when our starting OTs are a guy that’s played 1 game in 2 years and a 36yr old.

Hence the reason for adding the “if the top OT’s are gone”.   I am all for adding an OT or even the best OG at 13 before anything else, but DT is a need. If Q signs an extension we certainly don’t need to drop a FRP, but until that happens, it is a bigger need than some of the other positions. Another thing to keep in mind is cost control. We talked a little about it a while ago. Good teams have replacements in-house and ready to replace a star should the $ get too prohibitive. Like Pitt and their WR’s as an example. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

I’m sure a lot of people thought the same of Aaron Donald. Don’t get me wrong, I am not comparing him to one the greatest DT to ever play, but dismissing a talented player because he does not fit a prototypical body style is not the best way to judge them.

Donald had better hand techniques.  Besides, he has slightly over 32 1/2 arm length.  Combination of both made Donald beat the odds as small DT in NFL.  I simply don't see in Kancey as he should require extra help from other DL(s) to thin blocking assignment.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:55 AM, JetsandI said:

I just can't accept that RB Robinson is top 10.  If he is still available at 13 then he has no business being top 10 material.😑

I hope Anthony Richardson is available at 13 so Jets could trade down to either Buccaneers (would be Licht's first time to trade up if in fact) or Vikings.

Would love to get Bucs' 1st and 2nd round picks but I am okay with Vikings' 2 first rounders because extra 1st round pick in 2024 could be helpful to get new qb if Rodgers quit.

If Richardson is available at 13 the Jets will draft him, unless they get a crazy offer for him. He has some issues for sure, but the guy is dangerous at the position.

On 3/29/2023 at 9:00 AM, JetsandI said:

I think you have to run to the podium if Carter drops to 13.  He's a top 3-5 talent in this draft.  A beast of a DT who can play 3 downs like Q.  He's not just a run guy or just a pass rusher.  

It would make our DL elite if he got his act together.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I think you have to run to the podium if Carter drops to 13.  He's a top 3-5 talent in this draft.  A beast of a DT who can play 3 downs like Q.  He's not just a run guy or just a pass rusher.  

It would make our DL elite if he got his act together.

I think his endurance of playing 3 downs is questionable. Wasn't he not even able to finish things at the combine and such?

18 hours ago, xrade said:

Agreed.  Someone's gonna gamble on him if for no other reason than Aaron Donald was a smashing success of a pick.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I think his endurance of playing 3 downs is questionable. Wasn't he not even able to finish things at the combine and such?

He was dealing with a lot off the field.  Once he gets that behind him he'll be fine.  Plus we rotate so much that he won't need to be a 3 down guy but can play on any down.

I think he's worth the risk especially if OT's fly off the board early which is possible.