NFLPA investigating handling of Dolphins QB Tagovailoa’s concussion check

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah more heads will probably fall from this. 

I actually think they're going to pin it on this guy, pat themselves on the back for solving this problem and move forward to other plans... y'know, 50 game seasons, back-to-back games, two hour/eight quarter football, etc...

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Im not gonna be an armchair doctor and tell medical professionals who evaluated him that they did their job incorrectly. 

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm seeing a lot of assumptions based off non medical personnel people having opinions. It doesn't matter what you believe to of occured. 

You were not present at the game, in the tent, giving him his cognitive tests. An actual Medical professional (to my knowledge). All you are doing is speculating and assuming based off the shock value of the actyal video.

Video I agree that looks as obvious as can be to average Joe he was concussed. However once again, not the Medical people there so you can't prove he was.

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Then your problem should be with the NFL, it's protocol and whichever "doctors" weren't smart enough to diagnose what you and others assume to be the case.

11 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Doctors saw what we all saw and evaluated him. Like I said if we are always gonna go by what we see on the field then remove the protocols all together. What’s the actual point?

Oof.

• Like 5

If the independent neurologist missed steps - pretty much a given MIA medical staff did too.   Especially given their substandard response when Tua was actually confirmed to have a concussion.  The only Q was whether the MIA staff’s was deliberate or not.   

Hopefully the ridiculous take that Tua suffered a back injury only in the BUF game gets put to rest.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I actually think they're going to pin it on this guy, pat themselves on the back for solving this problem and move forward to other plans... y'know, 50 game seasons, back-to-back games, two hour/eight quarter football, etc...

This, exactly. So incredibly predictable of the NFL that I’m almost unsure that this is the actual guy that effed up, and he’s just taking the fall. If there’s any other big time terminations after this, I’ll be shocked.

• Like 4

Scapegoat. 

It’s incredible how incompetent the league was in handling this from the first concussion on. Even a schmuck like me knew immediately Tua likely had a concussion when he stumbled around like that. Then to have the follow up they did, it’s a comedic blunder. If this doesn’t mark a significant change in the league, nothing will. Saving face by firing a very small facet of the massive problem won’t do enough. 

• Like 1

Just so we are clear on what now is known: 

1.  Tua gets hurt in BUF game.   Clearly woozy with balance issues.   Back injuries do not explain it at all.   

2.  NFL independent neurologist fails to do correct evaluation in-gane.   Fired today.  At this point it’s more than fair to acknowledge the league safeguard for the BUF game failed.  

3.  The same MIA medical staff that evaluated Tua vs. BUF failed to implement simple high school level steps post TNF with screen-avoidance.   The fact McDaniel wasn’t aware of this is partly on him,  but also 100x more on the medical staff.  It’s literally the first step any medical care provider gives to coaches / family in post concussion care.   A 1-pager with “‘no exercise, no screens and no driving for first 48 hours” at the top.   It’s the most effective intervention at reducing recovery time.   

4.  Given #3 it’s impossible to put any credibility that the MIA medical staff exam cleared Tua.    Zero.  

5.  The league had daily exams post - BUF from Mon to Thu - when the protocol only calls for 1 the day after.  Understanding the confirmed events with 1-3 - the only logical conclusion is that the league recognized the gaps and de facto treated Tua as if he should have stayed in protocol - but covered for the MIA staff / independent neurologist.  And by extension MIA & the league too as their employers. 

So yeah - the “it was only a back injury” angle…ppl, let’s put that to rest.  The only Q is how many other heads roll.   To be clear - the league & team both are accountable given the staff for each are their responsibility.    But whether or not it just ends up being staff firings as fall guys or something more happens to the MIA org & the league, that’s a lot murkier.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1