NFLPA investigating handling of Dolphins QB Tagovailoa’s concussion check

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

No, I think it was McDaniel. I think he read your post that said “it doesn’t matter what insanely obvious common sense tells you. It doesn’t matter if you’re risking your colleagues lifelong ability to speak or think… if the guy verbally says he can play in a regular season September game, then let him play” or something.

I mean, I get why McDaniel/anyone on the Dolphins would green light this - we ARE talking about Week 4 vs the Bengals here, who knows what kind of SB implications this game may have. It’s just unfortunate. 

It’s almost like the exact thing that people were afraid of happening, happened. So crazy how eyes work sometimes, just crazy.

Well you know. Sometimes peoples instincts tell them one thing but health care professionals tell them something else and they just trust the experts. And then it turns out the experts were wrong and a bunch of people on the internet were right. That’s been happening lately.

• Like 1

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Well you know. Sometimes peoples instincts tell them one thing but health care professionals tell them something else and they just trust the experts. And then it turns out the experts were wrong and a bunch of people on the internet were right. That’s been happening lately.

I know conventional wisdom, basic knowledge of the average middle schooler, and your working human eyes tell you one thing…but we’d like you to believe the other. Because reasons. - the experts.

You must watch the news a lot.

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I know conventional wisdom, basic knowledge of the average middle schooler, and your working human eyes tell you one thing…but we’d like you to believe the other. Because reasons. - the experts.

You must watch the news a lot.

Either way I’m not accountable for any of this. I’m just praying for Tua.

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Either way I’m not accountable for any of this. I’m just praying for Tua.

Correct, you’re just “accountable” for having the laughably bad take that “let him play even if he’s hurt because maybe a home game in Buffalo”.

Man, even if you gave absolutely zero craps about Tua’s health (which is the only conclusion anyone can come to if you want him to go take hits while suffering from a brain injury) the take still makes no sense because now, not only did you lose the game, but you’re probably not going to see him back out there for a few more weeks. Just a dumb, dumb move. Like, even the waaaaaay out there “tough it out for the team” thoughtless opinions just look just so wildly stupid tonight. 

• Like 4

This is so bad happening back to back weeks, really hope Tua is ok from this.  I really didn't see what happened last week until just now.  The hit tonight was terrible on its own, but if last week was really a concussion this is so dangerous.  His response tonight was so frightening, just really hope hes ok. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Correct, you’re just “accountable” for having the laughably bad take that “let him play even if he’s hurt because maybe a home game in Buffalo”.

Man, even if you gave absolutely zero craps about Tua’s health (which is the only conclusion anyone can come to if you want him to go take hits while suffering from a brain injury) the take still makes no sense because now, not only did you lose the game, but you’re probably not going to see him back out there for a few more weeks. Just a dumb, dumb move. Like, even the waaaaaay out there “tough it out for the team” thoughtless opinions just look just so wildly stupid tonight. 

We’re just going in circles here. I didn’t know he had a brain injury. I will admit when he stumbled that was my first thought and I was very surprised to see him return to the game. But I have no reason to question the physicians(?). Actually this is your fault. Not you literally but the people who have taken up concussions as one of their causes. You people can’t ever talk about the subject without emotion and have jumped the gun so many times diagnosing strangers and attributing any bad behavior to CTE that now when ever something like this happens I just roll my eyes and am like, “there they go again.”

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

We’re just going in circles here. I didn’t know he had a brain injury. I will admit when he stumbled that was my first thought and I was very surprised to see him return to the game. But I have no reason to question the physicians(?). Actually this is your fault. Not you literally but the people who have taken up concussions as one of their causes. You people can’t ever talk about the subject without emotion and have jumped the gun so many times diagnosing strangers and attributing any bad behavior to CTE that now when ever something like this happens I just roll my eyes and am like, “there they go again.”

TerrificBaggyAmazondolphin-size_restrict

• Like 11

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

if i'm a betting man, they're going to go after the NFL and use it as leverage in the next CBA

the NFL will likely revise their concussion protocols in some irrelevant way to appease the public in the meantime.

This is my thought too.  The NFL will do just enough to make it seem it like they're trying, when in reality they're not, and the union will use it as leverage to get what they really want (which will be separate from the initial topic altogether) and nothing will change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Well you know. Sometimes peoples instincts tell them one thing but health care professionals tell them something else that inevitably has something to do with financial gain, often for themselves in some way,  and they just trust the experts. And then it turns out the experts were wrong and a bunch of people on the internet were right. That’s been happening lately.

FIFY.