NFLPA investigating handling of Dolphins QB Tagovailoa’s concussion check

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

No. I’m of the opinion his body his choice.

And WTF. You’re not pretending to have me on ignore anymore?

Even if others know it's the wrong choice?

Let's say you see someone swimming in a pool who doesn't know how to swim. They got in willingly though. Would you ignore it and say "They made the choice. Doesn't matter if I can help them" and let them die?

13 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

No. I’m of the opinion his body his choice.

And WTF. You’re not pretending to have me on ignore anymore?

It's not your choice when you're quite literally cognitively impaired, we have laws for that. And in the NFL they have specifically designated rules PRECISELY because it is not and should not be left in the players hands to determine personal fitness and ability to play after significant head injures. 

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Even if others know it's the wrong choice?

Let's say you see someone swimming in a pool who doesn't know how to swim. They got in willingly though. Would you ignore it and say "They made the choice. Doesn't matter if I can help them" and let them die?

Others with more information than us didn’t think it was the wrong choice. This forum that thinks it has all the answers believes they know it was the wrong choice. They’re saying he wobbled because he hurt his back. Idfk. They’re the medical professionals. 

And since everyone wants to bring up all these things that have nothing to do with football like date rape and letting people drown. Should we just outlaw boxing and MMA? They’re literally trying to give each other concussions. In MMA they’ll hit them about 5 more times after they knock them out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

For who? The independent NFL-appointed physician that okayed his return?

What are the tests they run? Is it possible there was a false negative?

If not, and the physician cleared him anyway, or was pressured by the team into changing their mind, then they should never work another NFL game again. 

To be a fly on the wall of the conversation in the assessment room with the team representative. 

I doubt we'll see a transcript or anything like that in this case but if they did put pressure on, a long ban is required. 

I would even be in favour of putting a mic on the physician to stop it from happening again.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

You safety fanatics can’t ever talk about this without being hysterical. I said IF HE WANTS TO. If he didn’t want to it would’ve been fine. He did. 

And it’s not just a week 3 game. That game could keep them from having to go to Buffalo in January. You already know this so I don’t know why I’m even typing it.

The fact of the matter is there is a concussion protocol for a reason. If he has a icon cushion but was put back in the game regardless that photo is that protocol was violated. When he went to stand up after hitting his head off of the ground it definitely looked like he had a concussion.