Week 4: Patriots @ Packers (4:25 ET on CBS) - PG: Packers WIN 27-24 in OT; Move to 3-1!

FAH1223

On 9/26/2022 at 8:37 AM, mikebpackfan said:

SJC has looked reasonably competent.  If Nixon continues his good play, I don’t see the panic at CB (yet). 

The way some people talk on here, anything fewer than 5 Pro Bowl CBs is not enough.

I like Nixon and Jean-Charles for any amount of time we need them as our 3 and 4.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see how the OL shakes out if Bak doesn't have another setback.  Having both Jenkins and Bak starting by week 4 is not what I was expecting heading into the season.  I would have been happy enough with week 8.

The thing I am most interested in seeing this week is whether the Rodgers/Doubs connection continues.  Would be huge for the offense if Rodgers gets in sync with one of the rookie WR's.  I don't care which one.  8 targets /  8 receptions would suggest Doubs is building some trust.  Really hoping to see similar usage and success vs NE.

Another challenge / chance for MLF to have a multi-tier plan available. No matter his personnel, Belichick is no joke. He always takes away one thing and makes you adjust. MLF can either rise to the occasion or lay in his own drool again.

Gotta go 3-0 on this homestand

Edited by cannondale

29 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Gotta go 3-0 on this homestand

I think my concern level is at like 2 %. Maybe we lose at Buffalo and at Miami, or we drop a random game in between that gets us up for Buffalo in an upset - either way we're only losing two more games this year. 

Edited by oldmansmell

The Packers play the Patriots on Sunday October 2nd, 2022.

On October 2nd in 1994 the Packers hosted the Patriots at Lambeau. That game ended with Drew Bledsoe leading a game winning drive in the final 2 minutes and Matt Bahr kicking a game winning FG with 6 seconds left on the clock for 17-16 visitors win. 

The first ever meeting between these two teams was November 18th, 1973, in Foxboro. The Jerry Tagge lead Packers jumped to a 14-0 lead and the Packers led most of the game until Jim Plunkett rallied the home team with two 4th quarter TDs to get the win for the home team. 

Of course, the trump card of all trump cards is in the Packers hand with the SB XXXI win in the Superdome.  

With the Patriots leading this all-time regular season series 6-5, Sunday is a great time to get this series back to even. 

The Tampa Bay game was a huge road victory, but the Packers need to fight a letdown this week. I don't think they overlook the Patriots but wouldn't be surprised if they come out a little flat for this game either. 

The NFL is more about when you play a team, than who you play. The Packers should win this game as long as they no longer have the Buccaneers on their minds. 

17 hours ago, Sandy said:

The way some people talk on here, anything fewer than 5 Pro Bowl CBs is not enough.

I like Nixon and Jean-Charles for any amount of time we need them as our 3 and 4.

Do our corners have 5 Pro Bowls between all of them?

I know you are making a point, but let's consider this.

Are you more comfortable with SJC to play at the end of the season and maybe into the playoffs, or King?

Like I'm not a fan of King, but if he's your 4'th corner, I think you are very solid.  And clearly, I'm not in favor of him playing over Nixon.  SJC, though....I don't feel like I know enough about him to say that.  Either way.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Are you more comfortable with SJC to play at the end of the season and maybe into the playoffs, or King?

Like I'm not a fan of King, but if he's your 4'th corner, I think you are very solid.  And clearly, I'm not in favor of him playing over Nixon.  SJC, though....I don't feel like I know enough about him to say that.  Either way.

From the little he has been in this season, and his good play in preseason, and his college resume, I am fine with giving SJC a chance to play.  If he fails, sure, bring in someone else.  But he hasn't failed.  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

The biggest asset any player can have is availability. There is a reason Kevin King is still out there. GM's don't want to take a chance on a 4th CB who is seldom available come gameday. That is the major reason GB hasn't brought him back and likely won't. 

He's lost a lot of speed and is below average at this point. Roll with the young guys. 

17 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Bill Bellicose, don’t ever change man. I swear if they asked him about Gronk playing this Sunday, he’d say “Day by day.” Don’t let those media guys break you, Bill!

I love it when he basically looks the media in the eye and says, "**** you!" without actually saying the words. 

• Like 1