Week 4: Patriots @ Packers (4:25 ET on CBS) - PG: Packers WIN 27-24 in OT; Move to 3-1!

FAH1223

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The offense is literally leaving 7 points minimum on the field each game between fumbles and dropped passes. I don't think this falls under growing pains. Going into week 5, this is unacceptable. 

Disagree. This offense runs the ball well and has it's best three linemen (Bakh, Jenkins, Myers) returning back from major injury last season, as well as trying to figure out who replaces Turner. Their throwing offense lost the best receiver in the league and is returning it's second best target (Tonyan) while trying to bring on two rookies. By that way of thinking, you have 5-6 moving pieces being manned by either rookies or guys returning from serious injuries.

This team is pretty much what we would have expected and should continue improving. I'd even argue that we should be thankful to get the soft part of the schedule right now.

• Like 3

Just now, pgwingman said:

Disagree. This offense runs the ball well and has it's best three linemen (Bakh, Jenkins, Myers) returning back from major injury last season, as well as trying to figure out who replaces Turner. Their throwing offense lost the best receiver in the league and is returning it's second best target (Tonyan) while trying to bring on two rookies. By that way of thinking, you have 5-6 moving pieces being manned by either rookies or guys returning from serious injuries.

This team is pretty much what we would have expected and should continue improving. I'd even argue that we should be thankful to get the soft part of the schedule right now.

Not sure what the OL has to do with simple, basic, ball security

Just now, cannondale said:

Fair point, I thought your post was about the offensive woes in general. 

I thought this because I didn't read the part where you clearly stated that it was about fumbles and dropped passes

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Everyteam has fumbles and int's it happens. We are a young team. I know most want 40-0 games every week but guess what that's not realistic. The other team gets paid to and some of their players may make plays. 

3-1 so far and no games that were flukes. Defense is coming around and playing well lots of good stuff going on in WI. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That's all we heard about when hired is the McVay offense, mesh concepts, natural picks, rubs, crossers, and confusion to create separation. I'm not seeing any of that lately.

You aren't wrong, it definitely seems like we lack a real identity, or we're just trying to throw some stuff out and see what we can get working. 

There's been some of it and there's been issues with the young guys and protections and everything else that makes it harder to see what we're trying to do as well methinks

41 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The offense is literally leaving 7 points minimum on the field each game between fumbles and dropped passes. I don't think this falls under growing pains. Going into week 5, this is unacceptable. 

I'm not sure what the passing offense is anymore. One week its all about screens and not much else. Then its all about screens and short posts. The next week its about screens and go routes. Is there an offensive system anymore ? Or is MLF going to continue picking screens and one other concept and that's it every game ? Dude better start scheming up something to help get these WR's some separation. Also not a huge fan of Watson running jet motions all game. Not sure how he gets better running across the formation and not being involved downfield.

There was plenty of separation yesterday, not sure how that could be your complaint from this week. Rodgers was off bad in the first half.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

You aren't wrong, it definitely seems like we lack a real identity, or we're just trying to throw some stuff out and see what we can get working. 

There's been some of it and there's been issues with the young guys and protections and everything else that makes it harder to see what we're trying to do as well methinks

I think as the Oline settles in things will change. The run game seems to be what we are trying to push, and I hope MLF keeps that up, that will play for this Oline and for AR long term and into the weather months. I would really like to get some of the back up RB's some carriers to as it's a long season, need to get a couple games where we're up so that Patrick and HIll when he returns can get their legs under them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah the identity I see it that we run the ball a lot, and look for Cobb if one of those runs gets called back and we have 3rd and 6

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think our identity is throwing the ball at or near the line married with the running game. I do not like it, but it seems like thats what theyre going for. 

• Like 1

Normally the way an NFL season progresses is that "in the first few weeks defenses are ahead of the offenses, which flips later in the season as offenses build timing, familiarity, chemistry, etc.  The whole story of the league through four weeks of the season is that basically everybody in the NFL is playing a more conservative brand of defense in order to stop big plays, because that's the best way to thwart your young superstar QBs.  So I think there are adjustments that every team is going to make.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah the identity I see it that we run the ball a lot, and look for Cobb if one of those runs gets called back and we have 3rd and 6

I swear we have more 3rd and 6s than damn anyone... And every time I'm like yeah we won't get this. It is not inspiring 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think our identity is throwing the ball at or near the line married with the running game. I do not like it, but it seems like thats what theyre going for. 

We've hit more deep ones this year than it seems like fwiw.