Week 4: Patriots @ Packers (4:25 ET on CBS) - PG: Packers WIN 27-24 in OT; Move to 3-1!

FAH1223

9 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I feel like there was a Bengals game early in the season in OT where he did and we won

yup this one

Good spot! Guess what got mentioned in the Blue 58 podcast today? Twitter are stealing your stuff man! 

Same scoreline and won on a Crosby OT FG too, kind of spooky. 

4 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

aj dillon goes down shockingly easy. seemed like he turned the corner on that late last season. but he's back to going down easier than you'd expect with a hulk body 

eddie lacy > dillon

Dillon is not getting his pad level low enough. Even still he falls forward for a few yards regularly. His balance is better than eddies. 

So i'm already starting to get tired of the Jenkins at tackle experiment. He went from an elite guard to a below average tackle. I hope he is still just kicking off rust and getting into shape but I can't imagine this OL is the best we can put together currently. 

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

aj dillon goes down shockingly easy. seemed like he turned the corner on that late last season. but he's back to going down easier than you'd expect with a hulk body 

eddie lacy > dillon

Yeah looks like he's just running it trying not to fumble. Just plowing forward getting what he can get. He looks like a slow FB playing RB. Meanwhile the guy he replaced is looking pretty good in Detroit.

Think the offense took some nice strides forward. They blocked up a decent front pretty well and Rodgers not only trusted the rooks a few times, but also had a miserable half, threw a pick 6 and reset and stayed on the attack instead of going into a shell. Doubs and Watson get more involved every week and get a little better.

Defensively, crossing routes and run D continue to be our achilles heel. Tough to stop the run when your TE is 330 pounds. They made the plays when we needed them though.

Ultimately a Doubs fumble & drop, Rodgers pick 6 and Kenny Clark penalty kept this game interesting. Can't let well coached teams hang around.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Defensively, crossing routes and run D continue to be our achilles heel. Tough to stop the run when your TE is 330 pounds. They made the plays when we needed them though.

We actually miss Krys Barnes in the run game. At this point in their careers, Barnes is a much better run-fit guy than Walker. Getting Barnes back in a few weeks should help some in that department. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I doubt Barnes plays outside of ST.

He had 9 defensive snaps against Minny before the injury. Still think he'll be a 10-15 snap guy, especially on early downs. They'll continue to give Walker run snaps as well but he's not really seeing it right now in the run game. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Through 4 games, the defense has played pretty well overall but I'd like to see an uptick in takeaways, especially INTs. We have 1 INT through 4 games, that's bad even by dumb luck standards.  

Cousins

Fields

Brady ( minus Godwin, Evans, Julio)

Hoyer/Zappe

3 of those 4 games had very little passing game threats.  Defense should look pretty decent.

Real tests upcoming with Washington. Buffalo, Detroit,  Dallas 

• Like 1