Week 4: Patriots @ Packers (4:25 ET on CBS) - PG: Packers WIN 27-24 in OT; Move to 3-1!

FAH1223

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I've been waiting for a spot to say this, is there any chance Jenkins at some damn point would RATHER play at guard if he still struggles outside? Or is there too much pride there that as he continues to come back from the injury he'll lock it down?

Does it matter what he would rather do?  Or are the coaches asking him to play that spot because they don't have another guy they're confident enough in to hold it down out there at the moment?

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Packers still need a returner who has speed and quickness.  The difference between NE return guy and Rodgers was pretty obvious.  Special teams in this game wasn't as good overall.

Maybe not on the whole, kick coverage especially. But we made both FGs and more to the point, woooo I'm loving our punt unit more and mor every day. 

The dead presidents have made a play here or there and looked like ok depth in the secondary (which I was particularly worried about coming into the year) on top of their gunner work too. 

Still, kick coverage needs to improve and Rodgers needs to be upgraded. Also carpenter needs to get his head out of his ***, that was a really dumb penalty on the late block in the back he gave up. A different ref might have given roughness (it woukd be a harsh call, but possible). 

26 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Does it matter what he would rather do?  Or are the coaches asking him to play that spot because they don't have another guy they're confident enough in to hold it down out there at the moment?

I meant, maybe it could solve itself, maybe we think he's better at guard and maybe he looks and goes, yeah I agree let me move inside if that's what you want. Everyone's sure he wants to play tackle and $$wise I'm sure that's true, it's just a thought I had, that maybe it could even be better for him financially to just play inside rn.

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Dez knows

Nothing to do with it, but some guy in there said it's just AR making him good (not the point) but I clicked on his Twitter and it's for a YT channel he has with another guy about football, one of the latest videos was Episode FIFTY of whatever this football series they do is, and it had 4 ******* views. Could you imagine wasting that much of your life to get 4 people to click on your video lol. I could get more than that just from coworkers. JFC lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nothing to do with it, but some guy in there said it's just AR making him good (not the point) but I clicked on his Twitter and it's for a YT channel he has with another guy about football, one of the latest videos was Episode FIFTY of whatever this football series they do is, and it had 4 ******* views. Could you imagine wasting that much of your life to get 4 people to click on your video lol. I could get more than that just from coworkers. JFC lol

Thats real commitment to the game holy.

• Like 1

Given a little time to digest this one, here are some thoughts:

Rodgers possibly had his worst half of football in years, in the first half. He was not bad in the second half.

The run game worked pretty well.

The young WRs are taking their lumps early, and that is fine.  Doubs definitely has the potential.  I would like to see Watson get a little more regular WR looks than he gets.  He has been playing the role that ESB played quite a bit.  Cobb still has some juice left, and we really need to take advantage of that before he inevitably misses time.

I am not going to pretend to be a super OL guru, but Jenkins looked just as bad as Newman looked at RT.  

Defensively, we seem to be daring people to run, and they oblige.  They have been able to tighten up so far, but it really looks like we are giving away a lot of yards that we really shouldn't.

It was a rookie QB, but I am like 30 times more comfortable with Rudy Ford out there now than before the game.  He got us out of the game, and I didn't believe any of our back-up safeties could do that.

I think that Quay is getting better and better.  He moves so quick.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It was a rookie QB, but I am like 30 times more comfortable with Rudy Ford out there now than before the game.  He got us out of the game, and I didn't believe any of our back-up safeties could do that.

I think that Quay is getting better and better.  He moves so quick.  

I was also looking for 20 out there after 31 went out. He seemed to be staying with his assignment and definitely has the wheels to move towards the ball.  A few plays he might have gotten worked but as you said, he got us out of the game. Hopefully Smash is back based on his Twitter post but good to know we have a backup that isn’t a total liability. 

Jenkins going against Judon was rough at times, but Judon makes a lot of guys look bad. I think the coaches keep the same alignment but would be interesting if they think Yosh can play RT. If we can get a truly dominant run game going, that could make us very dangerous and we are just scratching the surface of what our line can do as we get guys healthy.

*Also wanted to add as much as Judon was wrecking our plans, 52 was terrorizing NE’s line all game. He is just getting better and better.

On from New England and on to England. 

Edited by Refugee

The throw to Tonyan to go to 14 was as pretty a ball as 12 has ever thrown.

Watching Watson track that long ball without actually moving to the sideline was disappointing. His sweep was beautiful.

That stupid play that ended up with Aaron throwing the ball at Deguara’s nuts was ugly.

We were five NE yards in OT from losing this game. We were a blown delay-of-game non-call away from winning easily.

Lazard is a mensch. Bless him.

Jones finds some pretty tiny holes to explode through. Just because Dillon can run through a brick wall doesn’t mean our Offensive line has to give him brick walls to prove the point.

AR’s “YOU ****ed up” look is the same as his “I ****ed up” look, creating confusion for the viewer. Also, he wants the ****ing ball snapped when 12 defenders are on the field.

Norm had a good game, even if he doesn’t know about Peshtigo. (Peshtigo is a town north-northwest of Green Bay famous for a fire that happened on the same night as the Chicago Fire. It destroyed entire communities, burned over a million acres, and killed nearly a thousand people. The Chicago fired burned a dozen blocks and killed 300. There are still holes left behind where giant trees burned, roots and all. If you visit Peshtigo you might run into a few ash-holes.)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Rodgers is still the most talented QB ever to spin the pill, but my God some games I want to slap him across the face and tell him to stop with the ******* t*tty baby body language on the field. 

I feel that way every time I see his face anywhere.