Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

Tanny just has the biggest arm in the league.  Confirmed HOF.

Tannehill does in fact have a pretty strong arm. One of the stronger ones in the league. And regardless, Khan's stats were wrong (and have been at least on one or two other occasions when I've looked them up). Tannehill is tied for first in 40+ yard completions with 9 alongside Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes. 

But we're playing this game as if we can find one outlier in a stat, so that means that stat is meaningless and can't be used to judge Lawrence.

I'm not sure what stats I am allowed to use to judge Lawrence, though. The ballwashers complain about anything and everything that makes him look bad.

10 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

But this circle jerk is going to break up real quick on Sunday, I suspect.

Man, you guys are gonna need a lot of Gatorade.

44 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

maybe the circle jerk can go on for another week.

😧😯😲

Man, what a two-week gauntlet.

41 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

ballwashers

😊🥰😍

Man, some guys truly live the life.

As far as the debate, I think the easy answer is to let it all play out. By the end of the year we should be getting more of a feel for what Lawrence is turning into.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

maybe the circle jerk can go on for another week.

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

The ballwashers complain about anything and everything that makes him look bad.

11 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

But this circle jerk is going to break up real quick on Sunday, I suspect.

These kinds of inappropriate comments don't belong on this forum.   I've banned @CKSteeler for two weeks for multiple rule violations.  

• Like 3

No he hasn't.

The Franchise QB era has died.

Once Lawrence plays himself into a new deal, and that new deal costs the team skill position players and OL, he will drop off just like Wentz did.

Pederson got 33 touchdowns, 7 interceptions and 7.5 YPA out of Wentz.

Tua Tagovailoa is out there with Aaron Rodgers 2011 numbers. 19 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 9 YPA...

Second and third year jumps are a thing, but you don't go from 6.8 YPA and 16 total touchdowns on the season to 9 yards per attempt.

You get yourself any first round prospect QB and an offensive minded head coach and you're going to get effective play out of the QB position.

You're going to see that starting next year, Josh Allen will probably start looking a little less effective and the Bills won't be winning games at their current rate. Allen's at 17% of the cap next year. 7.8% this year.

The Chiefs didn't lose Hill because he asked for too much. He asked for market value. The Chiefs literally couldn't do it with Mahomes making 17%, 20% and 17% of the cap. It's why they traded for Toney.

Basically, the salary cap in conjunction with the draft... They work.

Tua is out there with Waddle, Armstead, Hill, Gesicki, etc because the Dolphins don't have to pay him yet. When you have to pay the QB, that's when you're losing draft capital in draft position and having to trade for cheap roster spots just to fill your team.

This is the reason Tom Brady has won 7 Super Bowls and no other great (Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes) won multiple.

Brady above 13% of the cap - 1 season.
Brady below 10% of the cap - 13 seasons.

Rodgers above 13% - 4 seasons.
Rodgers below 10% of the cap - 7 seasons.

P. Manning above 13% - 6 seasons.
P. Manning below 10% - 4 seasons.

Brees above 13 - 5
Brees below 10 - 10 (0 in his final 8 seasons)

No QB has ever won a Super Bowl above 12.9% of the salary cap. Young did it once illegally and the Niners were fined draft picks for it.