Week 4 Sunday GDT

notthatbluestuff

57 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Shoutout Mike Evans for being my only fantasy player to go over 15 points this week. McLaurin, Waddle, Amari, Najee, J Rob, Pitts, and Hurts- Shame on all of you.

Shoutout to Jonathan Taylor, who if not for my kicker, would have been the only player who scored less than 16 points

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

How did Pickett look aside from the picks? Did he have any good throws?

He had a really good throw to Muth while taking a huge hit from Quinnen Williams on a crucial third down.

Another beautiful back shoulder throw to Pickens on a 3rd down under pressure tho Pickens feet weren’t in but the Steelers hurried and snapped the ball.

Mostly everything else was one read and he got the ball out to the open guy. His 2nd pick was a rough pass IMO.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Are you in a 4 team League .

14. Pitts is on a different team, but the rest are all on the 14 team leagues team. My draft was Najee/Evans/McLaurin/Waddle (was shocked I got him in the 4th)/Hurts/Amari/Goedert/DeVonta/Hines/J Rob (Nobody wanted him. Got him really late in my other league too)

Edited by Jeezla

xts47ol43gr91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

^not a 1st even after challenge

I'm still lightly salted.

Edit:

^Here's the one obvious missed/no-call Ive seen that helped the Ravens. 1st down at the 36 and the drive ended with a FG with the no-call. Pointing it out for the "bad calls on both sides" peeps. But I haven't seen a second on this level.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm still lightly salted.

See, the call on Mark Andrews is technically correct, but the reason I'm upset about it is they clearly have no idea what they're doing when you look at these other clips. Complete inconsistency nearly all going in Buffalo's favor.

The Andrews call wiped a huge gain. The no-call on the DPI was on 3rd down and stalled a drive. The missed OPI on Knox was the TD right before half time so there's a free 4 points at least. And then of course the awful RTP call that changed a 2nd and 10 from about midfield to a 1st and 10 from about the 30.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

See, the call on Mark Andrews is technically correct, but the reason I'm upset about it is they clearly have no idea what they're doing when you look at these other clips. Complete inconsistency nearly all going in Buffalo's favor.

The Andrews call wiped a huge gain. The no-call on the DPI was on 3rd down and stalled a drive. The missed OPI on Knox was the TD right before half time so there's a free 4 points at least. And then of course the awful RTP call that changed a 2nd and 10 from about midfield to a 1st and 10 from about the 30.

*2nd and 15 to a near guaranteed go ahead/GW FG. The first half sequence was worse as it was minimum a +7 swing if they just call the DPI on Robinson, let alone allowing that TD. 

Any close game is subject to luck and bounces and bad call swinging it. The Ravens obviously had chances to put it away that they should focus on more, but the refs were way too big a factor in an otherwise evenly played game.

There will be a lot of buzz on the Buffalo/Baltimore and Tampa Bay/Kansas City marquee matchups over the weekend. Maybe Green Bay/New England as well. Those were all good games, but at first blush I'm thinking London got the best game over the weekend with New Orleans/Minnesota. 

Also, Geno Smith has looked pretty sharp for the most part 4 games in. I'm not sure what it is, but maybe sometimes just a change of scenery plus knowing something believes in you can be a boost to one's ability. He had a lot of tight spirals from what I saw against the Lions (reminded me of Moon), and his first TD to Dissly is probably gonna be my favorite this week. Perhaps it's just a one year magic carpet ride, but at least Seahawks fans have a triggerman that gives them a chance. Especially with that lackluster defense. Not that I'm too thrilled about Seattle maybe finding another quality QB so soon, but he's looking good. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe