The Good, the Bad, we're in the WIN COLUMN vs. Broncos (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I have always thought it was funny that per game Brady runs more than Carr in their careers.  Carr does averages 3.1 yards per attempt and Brady 1.7 yards.  

Oh, wow. I didn't know that! But of course, when guys don't run a lot it can be a great tool in the toolbox to catch the D out when they do.

15 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Is it just me, who thinks this is stupid? 
Im glad we didnt get a penalty because of this. 

Extremely stupid but it would not have affected the outcome.  Would have been enforced on the kickoff but I think it would have counted towards an ejection.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Oh, wow. I didn't know that! But of course, when guys don't run a lot it can be a great tool in the toolbox to catch the D out when they do.

I think the variance in YPC is largely due to Tom’s proficiency with the QB sneak on 4th and 1. I remember seeing some crazy stat several years ago that he was successful over 90% of the time on 4th down QB sneaks. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He's on pace for 1,800 yards this year and is currently 4th in APY.

If he keeps it up he may even have been worth a first round pick.

He did put together a complete game against the Broncos, very impressive.

23 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I think pretty much everyone has wanted him to run a bit more since maybe the 2017 season. It's certainly a valid criticism that he hasn't run enough despite having some ability there. I do t expect a total change in outlook but as I said, if he can do it just a couple times a game that will be beneficial and easily achievable.

I believe he got criticized during this 0-3 start and became aware of it, so much so he had to step up.  I agree he needs to run with the ball when things turn to crap, but he need not overindulge the habit in each game.  Only out of necessity.  We can't afford to have him go down as our #2 is Stidham.

Edited by S&B Bleeder
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 12:41 PM, BayRaider said:

We have way too much $ invested in the offense, paying a RB would be idiotic. 

I never said that we should pay him $10M. I'm just highlighting that he has been the 4th most productive player in the NFL this year. 

On 10/5/2022 at 1:20 PM, Darbsk said:

If he keeps it up he may even have been worth a first round pick.

He did put together a complete game against the Broncos, very impressive.

Yeah, I'd say that being top 5 in the NFL in APY is definitely worth a first round pick. Unless of course there are only four players that you consider worth a first. During Jacobs career here we're 8-1 in games that he has 25+ touches. 

On 10/3/2022 at 3:36 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

RBs grow on trees and their shelf life isn't great. Unless you have a special talent, don't pay top dollar for one. 

Even elite RB's very rarely live up to their contracts. Mixon, Zeke, Kamara, and Cook have all been lackluster this season.