MNF: Rams @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

I know the 49ers typically own the Rams but where is this high scoring offense they supposedly have? I mean outside of the Falcons collapse

10 Buffalo

31 Falcons

20 AZ

9 49ers

Allen Robinson hasn't been good, but Van Jefferson was our deep threat last year and had 50/800/6 - with him out, it's been tough sledding. And to compound that, we are down all three starting interior offensive linemen - McVay called a conservative gameplan last week.

For the Bills game - I'm of the mind that was a fluke seeing them struggle with Miami and Baltimore - at best, those teams are on our level, at worst, beneath it.

I expect that once the OL and WRs are healthy, we'll be fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I know the 49ers typically own the Rams but where is this high scoring offense they supposedly have? I mean outside of the Falcons collapse

10 Buffalo

31 Falcons

20 AZ

9 49ers

OL injuries plus we're missing Van/Odell (maybe).

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Yea I mean, I say this with no salt even though it will probably sound salty...

This is what the Niners do. They lose to the Bears and Broncos, beat us, get on a little hot streak, then drop some other inexplicable games. Win in LA, lose the division to us by a game or two, maybe make the playoffs, maybe not.

I think at this point it's almost sad for both fanbases for different reasons.

I always said the one difference between the Rams and the Niners is that you guys damn near ALWAYS beat teams that you are supposed to and the Niners do not. Against good teams with Jimmy, we are as good, if not better than the Rams but we just lose too many games against inferior teams. 

This team should be 4-2 after the next two games....BUT should means nothing with how unreliable they are against bad teams lol.

• Like 1

Just now, FrantikRam said:

Allen Robinson hasn't been good, but Van Jefferson was our deep threat last year and had 50/800/6 - with him out, it's been tough sledding. And to compound that, we are down all three starting interior offensive linemen - McVay called a conservative gameplan last week.

For the Bills game - I'm of the mind that was a fluke seeing them struggle with Miami and Baltimore - at best, those teams are on our level, at worst, beneath it.

I expect that once the OL and WRs are healthy, we'll be fine.

I feel the same. We are on our third string Center and fourth and fifth string Guards against one of the best defenses in football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm apathetic to it. In the grand scheme of things, this game doesn't matter. At least the 49ers' defense won my fantasy matchup for me. I needed 16 points to win. They got me 19+ points. 

I have a TV in my office and have basically been working while watching the game tonight. Also completely apathetic. Was pleasantly surprised when we got a FG on the opening drive, which.....says a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

So he's talking about a division rival on the road with arguably the best defense in the league.  Got it.

He literally just posted all 3 prior games.  The Rams offense is struggling at the moment as are the other top teams from last year in the NFC.  Bucs offense struggled due to injuries,  Rams offense struggled due to injuries/losing players, Packers struggled due to losing players, etc...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I always said the one difference between the Rams and the Niners is that you guys damn near ALWAYS beat teams that you are supposed to and the Niners do not. Against good teams with Jimmy, we are as good, if not better than the Rams but we just lose too many games against inferior teams. 

This team should be 4-2 after the next two games....BUT should means nothing with how unreliable they are against bad teams lol.

Like I said, odds are Jimmy gets injured at some point, and y'all end up starting your third-string QB lol.

Whelp I knew the Rams would lose.

Now lets go whip some Cowboys and Panthers butt the next two weeks. The only annoying thing is how plenty of people will be talking up the Cowboys all week long on how they are going to beat the Rams in Sofi. The Rams I expect to be laser focused and I expect them to jump on the Cowboys early and win. My thinking was if the Rams won tonight maybe they take some focus off next week and it could be sloppy and they might lose. My thinking also was if the Rams lost tonight which I predicted, Im confident the Cowboys game I feel for Rush or Dak whomever is in there. Then of course Baker will be Baker the following week and the Rams should make nice work against them. So the Rams should be (4-2) heading into the BYE before the rematch against the Niners. I think the Rams will be better off the second meeting just like last season hopefully they dont blow a big lead like they did lol.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I could eat crow about this but I would be fairly shocked if the Cowboys even hold a lead against us next week, and they're 3-1.

I would not be at all surprised if the Panthers randomly beat the Niners next week.

The 49ers are better with Jimmy G but it’s not saying that as a talent thing. I feel like Shanahan outsmarted himself with Lance and called galaxy brain idiot plays that weren’t what the 49ers do, but keep it to their DNA with Jimmy.

i wish he had called similar game plans with Lance so we could have seen what he could’ve done in a real offence. It was pretty clear to everyone watching that while lance was “athletic” he was actually pretty weak as a runner 

2 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

He literally just posted all 3 prior games.  The Rams offense is struggling at the moment as are the other top teams from last year in the NFC.  Bucs offense struggled due to injuries,  Rams offense struggled due to injuries/losing players, Packers struggled due to losing players, etc...

I don't care where teams ranked last year.  That's all irrelevant.  I don't know why some fans still cling to this notion like every team is the same from year to year (i.e the BS schedule).

My point is, fans don't seem to understand that playing a division rival is much tougher than other opponents and when they have a great defense then your offense is not going to look as good.  Especially on the road.  

• Like 1