Week 5 TNF GDT: Indianapolis Colts (1-2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-2)

Broncofan

Who wins the TNF game?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the TNF game?

• Indianapolis
    • Denver
    • I just want a good game
    • I just want ppl to have fun
    • Oh god please no more Nathaniel Hackett

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

That cause russ let the play over develop. Hamler was open from snap to finish. It was a good play design. Russ just sucks. 

First he designs a play that puts 2 WRs in the same spot to catch deep pass and then does it again in the redzone with the game on the line.  You can call out Russ for not seeing Hamler open but you can't excuse the piss poor design and play calling. 

When an offense is this bad, you can't just blame one factor because it's usually a multiple involved.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

No 2 ways about - DEN absolutely deserved to lose that game.   Just absolutely awful.

Wasted a great effort by the D.

The minuses are so clear:

-Hackett's game calling was abysmal.   Went to the run early when IND D was stuffing it - then when they were worn out, then decides to go pass.    He had to go for the TD with 2:20 left in OT, there's no realistic way they're going to win the game.   No problem there.  But 

-And yes, Russell Wilson, he had a BRUTAL game.   Both picks were his fault, plain and simple.  You can't do that.  ZERO excuses.  Wilson also missed a wide open Jeudy TD, and another flag route where he threw it to the middle.

-Sutton & Jeudy flashed, but they both had drops in the game.   Sutton couldn't get on the same page, full credit to Stephone Gilmore, though. 

-It was meaningless in the end, but Hackett calling for the 1H kick return, that Washington fumbled (but recovered), shows how mismatched he is.   With 3 TO's, and 12 secs left, at the 30, getting 2 13-14 yard slants is far more do-able than banking on a 108 yard TD return.   It didn't affect the game, but it shows how Hackett doesn't understand even the basics of game management. 

I am not going to give ANYONE on the D any criticism - they played their hearts out.   

The killer part I mentioned before - DEN dominated the game....but gave away points and drives.  And then with the 2 key TO's, it totally kept IND in the game.     

FULL CREDIT to Indy - they were absolutely shorthanded, and they just hung around.   Frankly, they deserved the W even if they were far less talented with the guys they put on the field today.