Week 11 GDT

Breesus mode

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

Guys who were considered first ballot HOF at the time? Or are now considered first ballot HOF QBs?

Either. Both. QB play has been trending upward for most of the league's history. This might be the first period to feature a lengthy downturn.

3 minutes ago, Starless said:

Either. Both. QB play has been trending upward for most of the league's history. This might be the first period to feature a lengthy downturn.

Go back to 2000. Which of those QB's were considered 1st ballot HOF? Not Favre (not yet). Definitely not Manning (not yet), definitely not Warner. Aikman was pretty much the only one.

I see absolutely no argument for a "lengthy downturn". You might not get any arguable top 5-7 all time guys other than Rodgers but there's a ton of good/promising young QB's in the league and a few of them are bound to be franchise guys who win at least one Super Bowl at some point in their career.

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Go back to 2000. Which of those QB's were considered 1st ballot HOF? Not Favre (not yet). Definitely not Manning (not yet), definitely not Warner. Aikman was pretty much the only one.

I see absolutely no argument for a "lengthy downturn". You might not get any arguable top 5-7 all time guys other than Rodgers but there's a ton of good/promising young QB's in the league and a few of them are bound to be franchise guys who win at least one Super Bowl at some point in their career.

Just so I get a better understanding of your stance here, are you considering Qbs like Newton, Mariota, Stafford and Winston in that category (the latter)?

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

Favre had already won 3 MVP awards by 2000. I'd say he was a sure thing at that point. 

Archived