Week 6: NY Jets @ Packers - GB falls to 3-3. First 2-game losing streak under LaFleur!

FAH1223

1 minute ago, packerstk7 said:

How much more leash does Gute have?

First question should be how much leash does Joe Barry have?  I'm sick of this lousy 2nd half run stop failing defense we got and they are awful.

Don't know what the exact answer is there but I say put the heat on Barry, he can't put together complete games.

And .... I don't know if the problem is Richie B or just the personnel we are working with, but special teams obviously hasn't been fixed either.  Disaster!!!

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Alabama isn't the defense it used to be, and he only played for a half.  Feel like the box score of the UT/ISU game makes Ewers look better than he was.  He wasn't bad by any means, but that's a Bijan Robinson-led offense.

It's promising that Ewers has every tool in the book and is able to run the offense as it's intended. That's a breath of fresh air considering what we watch on Sundays. He's played, what, 3.5 games? The fact that he's reserved enough to run the offense and do it well is telling. He's a damn good prospect. Think you're giving him too little credit. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

It's promising that Ewers has every tool in the book and is able to run the offense as it's intended. That's a breath of fresh air considering what we watch on Sundays. He's played, what, 3.5 games? The fact that he's reserved enough to run the offense and do it well is telling. He's a damn good prospect. Think you're giving him too little credit. 

I tend to take the pessimistic side of things until I see that "franchise QB" moment.  Caleb Williams has already had his, will Ewers have his?

What does a haul of picks get us?   2 more Corners that play 15 yards off the ball?   A DT that doesnt see the field?.    A LB that is athletic, but has no clue how to actually play football?  A WR who is fast, but allergic to actually making the catch.  A 1st round safety that is a fringe starter on his best day and never makes a play?

The only good OL we have is playing out of position making him below average.   Both OG are below the margin talents.  The Center we invested as 2nd round pick in is so hit or miss that he shouldn't be on the field.  A LT we gave the biggest contract in the league and now is below average due to injury?

A QB being paid like an MVP on a team where there is little chance for a decent offense?   Like a 38 year old can carry a team with nothing?

A GM and Coaching staff who have so misread the talent level on the team that they continue this nonsense and allowed us to make bad investments.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Complacency?  WRs are getting drafted higher than they ever have.

Yeah but rookies.

We hadn't drafted a receiver in the first two rounds since Adams so the receiving group has graduallly declined to the point we relied on Adams and when he went it fell off a cliff.

We took what was left of the receivers, signed an injury prone Watkins, drafted a project and a 4th round and figures that would do.

For it to work, we would have needed the rookies to be day 1 home run hits. They aren't although Doubs looks very promising so the receiving group is bad. And Rodgers isn't able to make up for a bad group anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, mikemike778 said:

Yeah but rookies.

We hadn't drafted a receiver in the first two rounds since Adams so the receiving group has graduallly declined to the point we relied on Adams and when he went it fell off a cliff.

We took what was left of the receivers, signed an injury prone Watkins, drafted a project and a 4th round and figures that would do.

For it to work, we would have needed the rookies to be day 1 home run hits. They aren't although Doubs looks very promising so the receiving group is bad. And Rodgers isn't able to make up for a bad group anymore.

Aside from Terry McLaurin, what WR(s) have we missed in the previous drafts?

1 minute ago, Striker said:

Obviously it's not a guarantee, but getting a number of shots at it sure helps. Two firsts, two seconds, plus your own picks (which could have been top 5?) really opens that window up.

...of course, the Packers could be 5-12/6-11 so they might be in range of that anyway. And I might be generous in finding this team 2 to 3 more wins.

28 teams would kill for a chance to have a Top 5 QB for even 1 year.  You can spend a decade of First Rounders looking for one and not find it. That's why you ride the horse till he falls dead, because you're dead in the water without one. 

Just now, cannondale said:

28 teams would kill for a chance to have a Top 5 QB for even 1 year.  You can spend a decade of First Rounders looking for one and not find it. That's why you ride the horse till he falls dead, because you're dead in the water without one. 

You'd clip Aaron Rodgers toenails if he asked you to, wouldn't you?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

It's pretty friggin' long.  Most GMs get at least 2-3 HCs before they get canned.

I’d give him another head coach. But seeing the defense this bad after all the draft capital thrown at it isn’t giving me much confidence in him.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I tend to take the pessimistic side of things until I see that "franchise QB" moment.  Caleb Williams has already had his, will Ewers have his?

The deep throw that Xavier Worthy dropped vs Bama that should've been a touchdown was enough for me. He can make every throw in the book and the moment doesn't seem to get to him. 

EDIT - NVM, the pass was caught at the 3. I remembered it wrong. Either way, that throw was enough for me.

Edited by beekay414