Week 6: NY Jets @ Packers - GB falls to 3-3. First 2-game losing streak under LaFleur!

FAH1223

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

What does a haul of picks get us?   2 more Corners that play 15 yards off the ball?   A DT that doesnt see the field?.    A LB that is athletic, but has no clue how to actually play football?  A WR who is fast, but allergic to actually making the catch.  A 1st round safety that is a fringe starter on his best day and never makes a play?

The only good OL we have is playing out of position making him below average.   Both OG are below the margin talents.  The Center we invested as 2nd round pick in is so hit or miss that he shouldn't be on the field.  A LT we gave the biggest contract in the league and now is below average due to injury?

A QB being paid like an MVP on a team where there is little chance for a decent offense?   Like a 38 year old can carry a team with nothing?

A GM and Coaching staff who have so misread the talent level on the team that they continue this nonsense and allowed us to make bad investments.

LOL! You focus on a pretend narrative. As if Green Bay hasn't developed talent though the draft. Here is a hint for you. Not all rookies become all-pro as rookies. Look at the roster and notice the homegrown talent. 

Now, if you want to speak as to a bad hiring move in Barry, I'm all ears. 

6 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

That doesn't necessarily mean that it would work out either ! Plenty of qbs who didn't work out !

Assuming the price was okay, how many teams would take their QB over Aaron Rodgers coming off an MVP season?

• Like 2

I think they missed their window the last 2 years so this is probably moot, but the only thread to hang on with this years roster is that this is really the first REGULAR season where they're going through real adversity under LaFleur. Wishful thinking, but stretches like this will either help them grow and improve and become battle tested come playoff time, or they just continue to fold.

1 minute ago, packerstk7 said:

I’d give him another head coach. But seeing the defense this bad after all the draft capital thrown at it isn’t giving me much confidence in him.

I'm actually interested in seeing a LaFleur offense with a QB that runs what the HC wants.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

The deep throw that Xavier Worthy dropped vs Bama that should've been a touchdown was enough for me. He can make every throw in the book and the moment doesn't seem to get to him. 

Xavier Worthy gets behind DBs all the time.  Pretty sure he had at least 2 in the RRS last year.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Xavier Worthy gets behind DBs all the time.  Pretty sure he had at least 2 in the RRS last year.

Okay? What's that got to do with the caliber of the throw? This is an NFL throw as any throw I've ever seen.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, packerstk7 said:

It’s not the first DC, though.

Yes...it is actually. They're certainly fire Barry before they'd ever consider firing Gute - which frankly is nothing more than a fanciful notion from a pissed off fan base.

3 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

First question should be how much leash does Joe Barry have?  I'm sick of this lousy 2nd half run stop failing defense we got and they are awful.

Don't know what the exact answer is there but I say put the heat on Barry, he can't put together complete games.

And .... I don't know if the problem is Richie B or just the personnel we are working with, but special teams obviously hasn't been fixed either.  Disaster!!!

Not defending Berry ! He stinks ! But our two inside backers are not playing well! Campbell got paid and now he regressed , our top pick Quay is a rookie and looks absolutely lost !

This probably the worst our special teams have looked this year , way better than last year! 

I just think this coaching staff isn't that good . it seems they are always trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Plus this team always seems to mental lapses all the time. Bad coaching !

Just now, beekay414 said:

Okay? What's that got to due with the caliber of the throw? This is an NFL throw as any throw I've ever seen.

You're telling me he isn't benefitting from a completely clean pocket?  I'm not trying to take away from him by any means, but I think you're really overstating that throw.

Just now, CWood21 said:

You're telling me he isn't benefitting from a completely clean pocket?  I'm not trying to take away from him by any means, but I think you're really overstating that throw.

Oh right, maybe he should bail on clean pockets like Caleb Williams more and then flaunt the arm. Seems to lead to more "Franchise QB" throws that way.