Week 6: NY Jets @ Packers - GB falls to 3-3. First 2-game losing streak under LaFleur!

FAH1223

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.

It’s just incompetence.

You give Rodgers a deal that counts against the cap even if he retires?

What kind of idiot mentality is that?

There is no escape. Whenever he retires or even if he's traded, GB is gonna get blasted with a disgusting dead cap hit the following year

Just now, CWood21 said:

Always felt like Ewers was more hype than substance.  I'm looking forward to see how he progresses.  I'm assuming he'll declare after next year.

Nah, man. He's more than just hype. I think he's the real deal. Unorthodox release but everything is NFL level between his arm strength, deep ball, processing and accuracy. 

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

He's right. I'm just bitter because I felt it was dumb at the time to go all in on a QB who is already talking retirement(how committed is he gonna be) and after losing your HOF caliber WR. Felt like they missed their chance at securing a haul for Rodgers + seeing what Jordan Love can actually do in a full season. If he stinks, they would have multiple 1sts to use and other future picks to be aggressive in moving up for a QB in the draft if need be etc

The team is/was built to win with Aaron Rodgers.  And it probably would have pretty similar season to when Aaron took over for Favre, and they went 6-10 in his first season.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

He's right. I'm just bitter because I felt it was dumb at the time to go all in on a QB who is already talking retirement(how committed is he gonna be) and after losing your HOF caliber WR. Felt like they missed their chance at securing a haul for Rodgers + seeing what Jordan Love can actually do in a full season. If he stinks, they would have multiple 1sts to use and other future picks to be aggressive in moving up for a QB in the draft if need be etc

I was indifferent about a trade, but just curious what does a "haul" guarantee you ? The team is filled with haul guys

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I don't think Gute was crazy for thinking that Aaron Rodgers gave the Packers the best chance to win now.

Rodgers was the best chance to win now.

Looks like the team wasn't as good as the coaches thought. There was a lot of complacency over the WR position which is clearly woeful.  Rodgers can still be a high end QB but is no longer the guy who can make anyone look good. 

Just now, deltarich87 said:

This. The team had limited resources to replace Adams or to patch some of the holes the team had because of the cap. But they have good young players on defense to build around while reloading the offense. Instead, they'll likely waste all of those players stuck in this limbo.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

12 ain’t retiring. And the season isn’t over. 

Gutey damn well better do something to address the offense though

Not much they can do. A middling WR won't save this passing attack when the OL (even with all five preferred playing) can't block anything and when Jones gets 9 touches on a day they needed him to get a lot more than that.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nah, man. He's more than just hype. I think he's the real deal. Unorthodox release but everything is NFL level between his arm strength, deep ball, processing and accuracy. 

Alabama isn't the defense it used to be, and he only played for a half.  Feel like the box score of the UT/ISU game makes Ewers look better than he was.  He wasn't bad by any means, but that's a Bijan Robinson-led offense.

2 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Rodgers was the best chance to win now.

Looks like the team wasn't as good as the coaches thought. There was a lot of complacency over the WR position which is clearly woeful.  Rodgers can still be a high end QB but is no longer the guy who can make anyone look good. 

Pretty much.  Defense is not equal to the sum of its parts.  OL is not as good as advertised.  WRs aren't quite there.