Week 6: NY Jets @ Packers - GB falls to 3-3. First 2-game losing streak under LaFleur!

FAH1223

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

12 ain’t retiring. And the season isn’t over. 

Gutey damn well better do something to address the offense though

Unfortunately .... the biggest problem is the OL and while I think Jenkins should be moved back to guard, I don't think we're going to have the answer at RT until next year's draft.

Now hey, I'm all for getting another WR via free agency if we're facing time without Cobb or Watson for an extended period, but until this OL starts protecting and fixing their run blocking issues, that may not help much.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Looks like the team wasn't as good as the coaches thought. There was a lot of complacency over the WR position which is clearly woeful.  Rodgers can still be a high end QB but is no longer the guy who can make anyone look good. 

Complacency?  WRs are getting drafted higher than they ever have.

1 minute ago, mikemike778 said:

Rodgers was the best chance to win now.

Looks like the team wasn't as good as the coaches thought. There was a lot of complacency over the WR position which is clearly woeful.  Rodgers can still be a high end QB but is no longer the guy who can make anyone look good. 

Well put ! Rodgers just isn't the guy anymore. He needs help . Mlf and the coaching staff don't seem to have answers. Guteys failure to bring in talent on both sides of the ball has hurt but not as much as our piss pour coaching staff!

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.

It’s just incompetence.

You give Rodgers a deal that counts against the cap even if he retires?

What kind of idiot mentality is that?

It is just another way of using cap manipulation to buy now, pay later. Exactly the same as void years in contracts. They had stipulated the dead money at the various points he could retire.

The logic is that Green Bay is competitive now but probably will not be when Rodgers retires therefore it makes sense to lower the cap hit now when we are competitive and take the hit when we will probably struggle regardless.

You've made clear, you wanted to move on from Rodgers which is fine - and if the season goes downhill now (which may or may not be the case) then I would agree it isn't looking a great move.

But there was a pretty clear and sensible (if arguably reckless) plan with Rodgers. I would suggest you possibly grow up a bit and show a bit more maturity.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Could be worse. We are pretty much a 1-5 team disguised as 3-3.

More like 2-4.  New England dinked and dunked in the passing game, but aside from that they weren't particularly dangerous.  The GB/TB game was probably a toss-up game.

Think we missed our window with Rodgers. It's over!  At this point I would just stop paying all these big contracts going forward. Let Jenkins and the rest of these guys walk in FA and tank for a couple of seasons. We got dominated in the trenches two weeks in a row,  we can't win with this group especially on the OL. The only way this team can get better is to suck for a few seasons and retool with top 10 talent in the draft.

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Unless that haul guarantees you a Top 5 QB it's useless

Obviously it's not a guarantee, but getting a number of shots at it sure helps. Two firsts, two seconds, plus your own picks (which could have been top 5?) really opens that window up.

...of course, the Packers could be 5-12/6-11 so they might be in range of that anyway. And I might be generous in finding this team 2 to 3 more wins.