Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Brit, my man. Barry was bailed out by Barkley getting the alligator arms AND legs and falling over to fumble the ball all on his own. Then he gave it up to them after that on the game-losing FG drive again. He also blew it all day vs a crap QB and offense you knew was not going to be able to push the ball down the field. 

What is the longest river in the world? The Nile

I am in denial

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

In the presser just now MLF was asked about the final drive and that was playing off a choice of the players or was it how it was called? MLF responded in a very unconfident way and said that is something we got to get corrected, we got to play tighter. 

Heh heh, sounds like script from Pettine era.  

Not to be a Barry apologist, because I don't think he's smart or creative or situationally aware.  

But, it does seem like he can get blamed no matter what, if the players don't perform well?  Last week much complaint about 3-man rush against Mahomes, giving him all day.  So yesterday, didn't Barry mostly have 4- and 5-man rush going, both on the last drive and on most 3rd downs previous?  But, with all the rushers, the rushers never did anything except open up running lanes, something that last week I'd thought was more likely with 3-man rush.  

I'm probably just talking to myself.  But I suspect that *IF* hypothetically Barry had gone with 3-man rush and 8 pass-defenders on the final drive, and it would have again failed, I'd have been faulting him for that.  "Send more rushers!"  I'd have said.  So this week he sends more rushers, just like I wanted;   but they accomplished nothing and left lots of green space.  

Just now, craig said:

Not to be a Barry apologist, because I don't think he's smart or creative or situationally aware.  

But, it does seem like he can get blamed no matter what, if the players don't perform well?  Last week much complaint about 3-man rush against Mahomes, giving him all day.  So yesterday, didn't Barry mostly have 4- and 5-man rush going, both on the last drive and on most 3rd downs previous?  But, with all the rushers, the rushers never did anything except open up running lanes, something that last week I'd thought was more likely with 3-man rush.  

I'm probably just talking to myself.  But I suspect that *IF* hypothetically Barry had gone with 3-man rush and 8 pass-defenders on the final drive, and it would have again failed, I'd have been faulting him for that.  "Send more rushers!"  I'd have said.  So this week he sends more rushers, just like I wanted;   but they accomplished nothing and left lots of green space.  

Not talking about Barry, only for myself.

But....I'm a whole lot more concerned about Mahomes shredding a soft zone with Kelce than I am a dude named DeVito and his no-name WR corp.

And....it is situational awareness on defense.  A field goal wins it last night.  2 timeouts, lots of time.  Let the kid scramble and burn time then get tackled in bounds.  Instead we gave him easy throws and catches that saved time and went out of bounds.

Everything about our last few defensive drives was just awful.  

24 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

In the presser just now MLF was asked about the final drive and that was playing off a choice of the players or was it how it was called? MLF responded in a very unconfident way and said that is something we got to get corrected, we got to play tighter. 

He’s been saying this for how long?

When this team hires a competent DC with the amount of resources we've poured into that side of the football, we're gonna be kicking ourselves that we didn't put more emphasis on hiring a top DC years before.

Saleh or another top DC with 8 first round draft picks on that side of the ball would lead us to a top 5 defense. With the amount of talent we have on defense, our vacant DC position should be one of the most sought after in the league.

6 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Yeah .. it's ridiculousness year after year for the Packers.  I get that LaFleur was saddled with a guy he probably didn't want in Pettine because he was under contract.  He gets rid of him and gets his hand picked guy in Barry.  That has largely failed.  With Barry's deal being up at the end of the season apparently, it would be stupid to sign up for more.  It seems that LaFleur is now at the point where he will need to get the best DC that money can buy.  Obviously is he signs up Barry again we can expect several more years of far below average defense.  He has a proven track record of bad.