Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

30 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

Agree...

And if they had played the same as they have the last 2 weeks vs the Giants/Bucs and Panthers then i'd say we already would have a Barry extension

Guys, they have played the Vikings on their 4th QB and Fields who is a better runner than passer.  Granted, they did shut down the run somewhat but if there was ever 2 teams to get aggressive with in a must win situation it was those two.  Where the hell was he with that same scheme vs the Giants, Raiders, Panthers and Tampa Bay?   Love has made the difference in the last 2 games with Barry not playing his soft zone and peeing away the lead.   It's just time ..   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Guys, they have played the Vikings on their 4th QB and Fields who is a better runner than passer.  Granted, they did shut down the run somewhat but if there was ever 2 teams to get aggressive with in a must win situation it was those two.  Where the hell was he with that same scheme vs the Giants, Raiders, Panthers and Tampa Bay?   Love has made the difference in the last 2 games with Barry not playing his soft zone and peeing away the lead.   It's just time ..   

I don't disagree but if we win next week and the defense plays as well as it did the last 2 weeks then I think he will be re-signed.

3 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

I don't disagree but if we win next week and the defense plays as well as it did the last 2 weeks then I think he will be re-signed.

I think Carolina being shut out 2 weeks in a row after putting up 30 on us has sealed the deal for Barry being let go when the season is over. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I would agree with you that those results should be expected considering the competition.

The problem is MLF keeps sounding like he's trying to talk himself into keeping Barry around. 

Edited by Striker

2 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

This season has been too damn fun to have it end any other way except a miracle SB run OR Barry being fired. I will not be deterred by the defense holding the Vikes and Bears to 19 total points the past 2 weeks in essentially playoff games for GB. They faced some dude making his first start who was so bad he got benched at halftime, and the other game was against a RB masquerading as a QB.

If the Packers do go out, hopefully it's in a 56-49 shootout.

2 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

If by chance they do keep Barry I would like to see a defensive specislist or consultant added that can help make this thing good week in and week out.  There have been too many times this year where the Packers seemed to be situationally stupid. At a minimum there are areas that need to be cleaned up.  We shall see how they handle Dallas.  I've heard LaFleur says a time or two that he's seen this defense play top line defense under Barry.  It's just that they aren't consistent at all.  A couple good performances and couple bad performances.  They need a fix of some sort.  

5 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

By all accounts, he’s a very nice guy. 

That’s his problem.

Nice should never be a word to describe anyone on the defensive side of football.

A defense should be mean.