Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

They need to be able to switch this. Jaire and Campbell need to be able to swap guys post snap if Ja's guy goes outside. Don't remember what the inside guy ran, if it's dual slants you're just ****ed, but I think they tried to pick Campbell.

He's lost from the snap unless they switch. Even if he's pressed he's going to lose.

Right. This alignment is stupid. Campbell's got ZERO shot here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

They need to be able to switch this. Jaire and Campbell need to be able to swap guys post snap if Ja's guy goes outside. Don't remember what the inside guy ran, if it's dual slants you're just ****ed, but I think they tried to pick Campbell.

He's lost from the snap unless they switch. Even if he's pressed he's going to lose.

I think the 2 inside WR ran upfield routes.  Effectively clearing the inside slant/ crosser for Bijan.  Need to switch the defensive call to zone or something on an exchange of routes.   

Credit to Atlanta on the play design/ call in that situation 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yep.  The second the players lined up, ATL had won this down.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Have you literally watched our players the last four years?  How many blown coverages Stokes has had?  How many all around oopsiedaisies Walker has had?  Darnell Savage over literally four years?  Jaire Alexander today (seriously, what is up with him?)

Have you?

Stokes had a good first year and a sophomore slump before getting injured.

Quay Walker was an undisciplined rookie who needed the game to slow down for him. Once it did, he's looked a lot better and has been everywhere this year. 

Savage, as I noted, has spend a lot of time misused in Barry's defense as a FS. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I called this play live. It was so damn obvious 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I think the 2 inside WR ran upfield routes.  Effectively clearing the inside slant/ crosser for Bijan.  Need to switch the defensive call to zone or something on an exchange of routes.   

Yeah they had already beat us before the ball was snapped.

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

That’s touch football stuff though. If Barry can come up with a better scheme where we can diagnose that , he should be fine tomorrow!

That’s would be a hard route for Jaire to cover let alone Campbell. 

I get the frustration over the two dropped INT's.  In this particular game, I think that frustration is misplaced. 

The JA drop in Q2 was on 4th down.  GB got the ball anyway.  Looking at the play again, the "it would have been a pick 6" talk seems a lot like wishful thinking.

The Quay drop in Q3 was on 3rd down and forced a punt. The ensuing drive was a GB TD.  I'm not I sure I see much downside there from a game flow standpoint.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I get the frustration over the two dropped INT's.  In this particular game, I think that frustration is misplaced. 

The JA drop in Q2 was on 4th down.  GB got the ball anyway.  Looking at the play again, the "it would have been a pick 6" talk seems a lot like wishful thinking.

The Quay drop in Q3 was on 3rd down and forced a punt. The ensuing drive was a GB TD.  I'm not I sure I see much downside there from a game flow standpoint.

You never know if those would be picks would have got in Ridder's head and been a factor as the game went on.  Bottom line is that both those passes needed to be picked. 

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yes, the “if we only made those 2 INTs” talk is way overblown.  We needed to get them off the field on that TD drive and we wasted two good opportunities to do so—one the long completion Savage failed to break up and one on the 4th down they scored on. 

Edited by mikebpackfan
  • Like 1