State of the Steelers

warfelg

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I do not think the team is run first but the team must be able to run to set up the pass.

I see that as a little TomAYto / TomAHto. They are gonna wanna control the clock, limit possessions, and establish the run. Probable end more balanced, but not likely to ever have a gameplan to chuck it around 40 times. 

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

They need an offense that can run and pass out of the same set/personnel. 

What do you mean!? We have that. The personnel grouping of Boykin, Gunner, Watt, and Gentry is pass or run. We just keep people on their toes by only running....but that first pass, it's coming!

But in all seriousness, this is the exact reason I would like to see them utilize 2 TE/2 RBs far more. Heyward can be a FB/RB/TE and line up in the slot. Freiermuth can line up anywhere. Pickens/DJ can be interchangeable. Najee & Warren are both solid in pass protection and catching. 

This group of skill players should be able to get into multiple formations, never come off the field, and live in a run/pass options down to down. Matt Canada's brain would explode though. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

But in all seriousness, this is the exact reason I would like to see them utilize 2 TE/2 RBs far more. Heyward can be a FB/RB/TE and line up in the slot. Freiermuth can line up anywhere. Pickens/DJ can be interchangeable. Najee & Warren are both solid in pass protection and catching. 

This group of skill players should be able to get into multiple formations, never come off the field, and live in a run/pass options down to down. Matt Canada's brain would explode though. 

That’s why I’m increasingly ok with them going TE kinda high..Mayer or Washington.

If you don’t wanna add another significant WR…maybe another multi-dimensional TE is the route to go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

The same can be said for Tackle. There are day 3 OTs as good as the top rated guys on most draft boards. There isn't any TE that can do what Darnell Washington brings to a team.

Depends on LT or RT.

IOL is very deep and good.  I would love to get a center and/or a OG by the end of day 2

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

The draft is deep in TEs.  Not need to get one early.

that helps Khan if we are to get a TE

3 hours ago, armsteeld said:

The same can be said for Tackle. There are day 3 OTs as good as the top rated guys on most draft boards. There isn't any TE that can do what Darnell Washington brings to a team.

so this draft is perfect for Khan then? This seems ideal, because I have read that CB class is good, and that is a need. 

11 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

that helps Khan if we are to get a TE

so this draft is perfect for Khan then? This seems ideal, because I have read that CB class is good, and that is a need. 

Got to think of Weidl also. It will make for some interesting scouting meetings between Khan, Weidl, Coach Tomlin,  and the scouts. Did Weidl bring any scouts to Pittsburgh?

My Current Mock:

Round 1: Kelee Ringo CB Georgia 

Round 2a: Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma

Round 2b: Henry To'oTo'o ILB Alabama

Round 3: A.T. Perry WR Wake Forest

Round 4: Olusegun Oluwatimi Center Michigan

Round 7a: Myles Murphy NT North Carolina

Round 7b: Byron Young EDGE Tennessee

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Got to think of Weidl also. It will make for some interesting scouting meetings between Khan, Weidl, Coach Tomlin,  and the scouts. Did Weidl bring any scouts to Pittsburgh?

I know that he brought his (I think) brother. Sheldon White is new, came up with the Lions. Dave Peters is now in charge of pro scouting. There’s a good bit new. 

Seems as though the biggest thing that Kahn did and Weidl is a part of is more of a split between pro and college scouting, and on the college side it seems as though regional scouts are out and everyone is more position based. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

My Current Mock:

Round 1: Kelee Ringo CB Georgia 

Round 2a: Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma

Round 2b: Henry To'oTo'o ILB Alabama

Round 3: A.T. Perry WR Wake Forest

Round 4: Olusegun Oluwatimi Center Michigan

Round 7a: Myles Murphy NT North Carolina

Round 7b: Byron Young EDGE Tennessee

Like Ringo.

Dont like any of the day 2 picks.

Harrison just reminds me of a slightly more polished Dan Moore.

To'oTo'o has day 3 prospect all over him.

No thanks to another rd 2 or 3 WR.