Texans RB D'Onta Foreman tears Achilles

Dr LBC

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That’s awful. All my favorite young Texans keep getting seriously hurt

First Watson and now Foreman

You are such a weird Jaguars fan sometimes lol.

Brutal on the injury front for that team though. Hopefully he can get back to 100% by next season.

21 minutes ago, The LBC said:

It's been a rough season to be @EliteTexan80, I imagine.

I have a World Series Championship keeping me warm - if it wasn't for that, I would have lost it by now.

Brutal injury, just brutal. You kind of saw it buckle when he was going down the sidelines - when he didn't get up, you knew it was bad. There were a lot of high hopes for Foreman, and this game illustrated what he can do; Hopefully he'll get better and maybe he can make the impact we were expecting in 2019.

11 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

How does this affect him for next year? Is it something that will keep him out until midway next year? 

I suppose it depends on the severity of the tear.  If it's a rupture, for a RB, that's a major concern, because so much of his game is about planting and driving forward.  And explosiveness.  Achilles injuries can sap that big time.  I mean, most recently Branden Oliver tore his Achilles last season and made it back for the season opener this year, but he went down in a preseason game, not in Week 11.  Foreman's almost assured starting the season on the PUP next year.

8 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

How does this affect him for next year? Is it something that will keep him out until midway next year? 

Not necessarily, medical advances have made coming back from Achilles injuries much easier.  For instance, a much older D Johnson tore his Achilles late last season and was back to full speed the beginning of this season.  But that can also be based on how a guys heals in general.  

But my poor, poor BDL rookie stud.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I suppose it depends on the severity of the tear.  If it's a rupture, for a RB, that's a major concern, because so much of his game is about planting and driving forward.  And explosiveness.  Achilles injuries can sap that big time.

He was a guy I was considering keeping with a late round pick. Knew the Texans would be moving from Miller to him. Hopefully he can heal well and that its not something that is going to ruin his young career. 

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think everyone is like that. Everyone has guys they like pre-draft and sort of rootfor them to do well

I mean, I was on the Watson train for JAX but once he went to HOU I don't refer to him as "one of my favorite young Texans." I don't know, maybe it's just me I guess.

Archived