Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

Sounds like Fields banged up his shoulder in addition to his foot. 

Possible number one pick and thought of Fields getting badly hurt into offseason making me ill.   Just sit him.  Please man. 

The cost benefit doesn’t make any sense. 

It is kind of funny a lot of Bears fans thought we would be better just not having Nagy and were attacking any reporter who thought we would be worst team in league.  

I had some potential optimism because it’s hard to be negative through a whole offseason.  But it was if a series of events all came to be and odds of that were always very small.  

Only Fields, Jenkins and Sanborn emerged as plus players you weren’t expecting to be.  Jackson too before he got hurt.

Most guys were what we thought they were or worse.  Some much worse.   

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It is kind of funny a lot of Bears fans thought we would be better just not having Nagy and were attacking any reporter who thought we would be worst team in league.  

I had some potential optimism because it’s hard to be negative through a whole offseason.  But it was if a series of events all came to be and odds of that were always very small.  

Only Fields, Jenkins and Sanborn emerged as plus players you weren’t expecting to be.  Jackson too before he got hurt.

In normal Bears fandom fashion, a lot of people overrated the living hell out of this roster. There are just so many awful and below average players on it

35 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

In normal Bears fandom fashion, a lot of people overrated the living hell out of this roster. There are just so many awful and below average players on it

So many UDFA rookies too lol

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I didn't think they would be the worst in the league more like around drafting in the 10th spot. But I also think that the front office purposefully tanked to this extent. The defense was playing very good and then Quinn and Smith get traded and the defense turns into the worst in the league, add the questionable play calling at the end of games like Atl where they run it up the middle three times while down by 3 points. In the grand scheme of things this season means nothing, hopefully they start to get things righted and can turn into a very good team year in year out. I just wish they wouldn't have made the Claypool trade with that pick, that is going to be a super valuable pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

I didn't think they would be the worst in the league more like around drafting in the 10th spot. But I also think that the front office purposefully tanked to this extent. The defense was playing very good and then Quinn and Smith get traded and the defense turns into the worst in the league, add the questionable play calling at the end of games like Atl where they run it up the middle three times while down by 3 points. In the grand scheme of things this season means nothing, hopefully they start to get things righted and can turn into a very good team year in year out. I just wish they wouldn't have made the Claypool trade with that pick, that is going to be a super valuable pick.

Fair point.  Team minus Quinn, Roquan, Mooney, Johnson and Jackson is much worse than otherwise.