Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Young, Stroud, Carter and Anderson are probably locks to go top 6. Maybe Ringo as the other one based on his potential? I think Murphy could easily be there at 6.

Murphy could get the same bump as Travon Walker last year when people see his size and how he tests...Ringo should go pretty highly...would love it if someone reached on Will Levis...Murphy in this defence would be a game changer coming off the edge.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Murphy could get the same bump as Travon Walker last year when people see his size and how he tests...Ringo should go pretty highly...would love it if someone reached on Will Levis...Murphy in this defence would be a game changer coming off the edge.

I agree all the way. 

The good news is if the Bears can't overtake Arizona and Kingsbury sticks around you just know they'll do something idiotic :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Who are some of your guys with the Ravens' 2nd rounder?

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

It's always tough without knowing what we will do in FA or indeed the first round...

Offensively I would love it if Rashee Rice doesn't test off the charts and falls a little because he is just a great technician...Cedric Tillman could fall a little because of his age and he has only had 1 1/2 years of production...if Tucker Kraft test off the charts and look like the next Dallas Goedert he could raise...could go centre with Luke Wypler if he declares or Olusegun Oluwatimi as both would be 10-year starters...

Defensively...Derick Hall is one of my favourite edge players in this draft...Will McDonald is the classic speed rusher you normally see in this defence...Gervon Dexter is a physical monster without production...would be interest to see where he lands...JL Skinner is a guy I love the idea of moving to WILL in this scheme from safety at Boise State.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

It's always tough without knowing what we will do in FA or indeed the first round...

Offensively I would love it if Rashee Rice doesn't test off the charts and falls a little because he is just a great technician...Cedric Tillman could fall a little because of his age and he has only had 1 1/2 years of production...if Tucker Kraft test off the charts and look like the next Dallas Goedert he could raise...could go centre with Luke Wypler if he declares or Olusegun Oluwatimi as both would be 10-year starters...

Defensively...Derick Hall is one of my favourite edge players in this draft...Will McDonald is the classic speed rusher you normally see in this defence...Gervon Dexter is a physical monster without production...would be interest to see where he lands...JL Skinner is a guy I love the idea of moving to WILL in this scheme from safety at Boise State.

IMO Kraft is the best TE in this class. I'd bet he goes higher than Mayer does

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm still assuming we get an OT at minimum in FA, but want more so

Dawand Jones or Darnell Wright and move them to LG with Whitehair gone. Both are maulers who need to lose 15-20 lbs but they'll thrive in a run heavy offense. Both have great length but aren't elite athletes so they will not be guys to lead on screens or pulling to opposite side DEs often.   Both can be nasty too.

Emmanuel Forbes at CB would give us a hell of a trio in nickel and a potential replacement for Johnson if he isn't extended. Guy is a great talent.

Felix Anudike-Uzomah at EDGE gives a higher upside passrusher. Jared Verse is a good back up option because I think FAU might be a top 40 pick if he tests well.

Colby Wooden is a guy that keeps getting pegged as a 5T but I think he is plenty athletic to play base end in a 4-3. I think he is athletic enough to be a base DE and kick into 3T in your passrush package.

Gervon Dexter is a monster on the inside of the DL. I'd be happy to land him, though I prefer EDGE.

Zach Charbonnet is a guy I think could be a stud HB. Big, strong, physical but has the speed Monty and Herbert lack. Want to see him catch the ball more though. ]Kenny McIntosh is a RB that I like a lot. I think he is 2nd round talent so he may be available later. He has REALLY good hands for a RB and as a runner he is damn solid. I'd target him in a trade down. Fields having a receiving RB will help him and the offense not be as predictable.

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If we end up picking this high (or higher) Jalen Carter is who Im hoping for. THAT is a guy who would change the entire defense

• Like 4

2022 NFC South has to be one of worst divisions ever. 

McDaniels may have lost the Raiders.  Media is united against him and fans are following suit - going full Urban Meyer treatment/non stop criticism - that is tough sledding.  

Unbelievably Packers may sneak into playoffs because NFC overall is so weak.

Saturday started Matt Ryan I hear .   So they are done with tanking for now.

I don't know how the Rams suck so bad.

Browns may get rejuvinated by Watson, but that is one heck of a long layoff.    

36 minutes ago, malagabears said:

After this weekend, my front 4 off season stacks up like this:

Draft:

1. Edge: Pick 6 Murphy

2. IDL: Pick 51/52 Tuipulotu (I think he shoots up the board)

FA:

1. IDL: Da'Ron Payne

That makes for a monster front 4. Both Payne & Tuipolutu both have played 3 Tech.

Would be a massive boost even with the rookie lapses and learning curve. 

Now if we could get Brenton Cox as he slides...

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

If we end up picking this high (or higher) Jalen Carter is who Im hoping for. THAT is a guy who would change the entire defense

Will Anderson over Carter for me, but both would be MASSIVE gets. They’re my 1 and 1a. Both are probably going top 5, so we’re gonna need to keep finding losses to have a shot at either. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Will Anderson over Carter for me, but both would be MASSIVE gets. They’re my 1 and 1a. Both are probably going top 5, so we’re gonna need to keep finding losses to have a shot at either. 

I agree Anderson is the better prospect, the best prospect in the draft in fact. But thats why Im not even entertaining the idea of getting him for the Bears. Unless we get a Top 3 pick, it would shock me if he was available (and even then, still not a guarantee).

And while yesterdays Loss was a great taking loss, its still hard for me to see us ending up in the Top 3.