Packer problems

Packer backer

The idea right now has to be - how do we fix this for next year? 

Rodgers, MLF and Gute will all be back if we're being realistic. The things that have to happen between now and training camp next year:

1. Fire Barry. Doesn't matter if they played better and the refs were awful. They still gave up long, slow drives that result in points.  TOP battle was lost by the defense and this scheme. Remove him from this position.

2. Hire an experienced coordinator. Dom Capers was more than just a DC, he was the experienced coach the young HC could rely on to get advice on how to handle adversity and how to maximize potential. That's what MLF needs from his next DC.

3. Let this o-line gel. Realistically, these are our starting five next year. Give them all season in these roles to grow and get better. There's a lot of potential with these five.

4. Obtain receiving talent. The experiment failed. We can't go into TC with this as our receiving group again. None of our WRs or TEs should feel safe that they have a big role next year.

5. Let the young players play.  More Wyatt. More Enagbare. Keep throwing Stokes out there and hope he figures it out. 

If we do all this then we have a shot next year - especially if we suck so bad as to get a top 10 pick. Odds are we'll be picking closer to 15 but I don't see many wins ahead of us right now.

27 minutes ago, Sandy said:

The idea right now has to be - how do we fix this for next year? 

Rodgers, MLF and Gute will all be back if we're being realistic. The things that have to happen between now and training camp next year:

1. Fire Barry. Doesn't matter if they played better and the refs were awful. They still gave up long, slow drives that result in points.  TOP battle was lost by the defense and this scheme. Remove him from this position.

2. Hire an experienced coordinator. Dom Capers was more than just a DC, he was the experienced coach the young HC could rely on to get advice on how to handle adversity and how to maximize potential. That's what MLF needs from his next DC.

3. Let this o-line gel. Realistically, these are our starting five next year. Give them all season in these roles to grow and get better. There's a lot of potential with these five.

4. Obtain receiving talent. The experiment failed. We can't go into TC with this as our receiving group again. None of our WRs or TEs should feel safe that they have a big role next year.

5. Let the young players play.  More Wyatt. More Enagbare. Keep throwing Stokes out there and hope he figures it out. 

If we do all this then we have a shot next year - especially if we suck so bad as to get a top 10 pick. Odds are we'll be picking closer to 15 but I don't see many wins ahead of us right now.

I think you're great, but that's where I stopped. Yes, we are not playing well now, but I never ever want to be a fanbase that quits in the situation we are in. **** the North, Let Minny have it. It's always going to be their super bowl. We just have to keep going, and figure it out. Outside of Philly I fear no one in the NFC, and it's not like we are even close to being eliminated from the playoffs... Also, before I even read another asinine comment about "why do you want to make the playoffs when we can't win in the playoffs". Ask the 2010 team. NEVER pass a chance to get hot and make a run. That is what the NFL is. That is what the NFL wants from their league. Maybe it's time Bak doesn't practice and just plays game day. Why he practiced three times this week? It's called figuring it out. I guess I would be worried if teams in our conference had records like teams in the AFC. They don't! This is not over. Frustrating no doubt, but these guys can figure it out, and I would rather be hot going into the playoffs than blowing the doors off the "easy" part of schedule and dropping the ball again... Go Pack Go! 

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 1

1.Is Lazard okay? Is Gary good?

2. Keep this group of o-linemen. Let them mesh. Let bahk walk. We can use this money on a high end WR.

3. Quay is getting worse every week. I wasnt a fan when we picked him at all but I always want the pack to win.

4. Rodgers might be terrible at PR but be did something our other WRs couldnt do. Have to give him props for that. Should have had a TD that Rodgers missed terribly on.

5. 12 rushes?????

6. Im mixed on the defense today. They scored 7 points but gave up 23. Offense did them no favors like usual, but we died much earlier than other games. To be fair they earned another defensive TD, that call on Stoles was utter BS.

7. Rodgers needs to sit if his thumb is broken. Some plays he looks vintage and then others hes throwing the ball low like Cam Netwon.

8. Doubs dog must have died  he was terrible today.

9. AJ Dillon... I dont know what he did over the off-season but never do it again. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I think you're great, but that's where I stopped. Yes, we are not playing well now, but I never ever want to be a fanbase that quits in the situation we are in. **** the North, Let Minny have it. It's always going to be their super bowl. We just have to keep going, and figure it out. Outside of Philly I fear no one in the NFC, and it's not like we are even close to being eliminated from the playoffs... Also, before I even read another asinine comment about "why do you want to make the playoffs when we can't win in the playoffs". Ask the 2010 team. NEVER pass a chance to get hot and make a run. That is what the NFL is. That is what the NFL wants from their league. Maybe it's time Bak doesn't practice and just plays game day. Why he practiced three times this week? It's called figuring it out. I guess I would be worried if teams in our conference had records like teams in the AFC. They don't! This is not over. Frustrating no doubt, but these guys can figure it out, and I would rather be hot going into the playoffs than blowing the doors off the "easy" part of schedule and dropping the ball again... Go Pack Go! 

You are correct, there are 6 teams with 3 wins currently that would be battling for the final playoff spot with 10 games yet to play. But for many in this fanbase intestinal fortitude is not a strength of theirs, for them quitting and crying in their beer is a better life choice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toddfather said:

I agree fully that you keep shooting for the playoffs - but it would be prudent for the FO and coaching staff to make moves and decisions operating under a 2-year window. Such as, if you trade for a WR, make sure he's under contract for next year already.  If you sign OBJ, add a guarantee for next season. The firing of Joe Barry could be the spark the team needs.

Hopefully we go to Buffalo next week and hit them where it hurts. Take one we weren't supposed to and get back on track. 

4 hours ago, Toddfather said:

I'm all for holding on to hope, but the reality is that this team is in a lot more disarray and an overall worse spot than that 2010 team which, even in its roughest stretch in the early part of 2010, never looked quite this disjointed. They never were blown out in any of their losses, even with Rodgers out vs. the Patriots, and had five games where they absolutely crushed their opponents.

This Packers team has lost by double digits twice and has struggled mightily putting any of their opponents away. They don't, as of now, have any ascending players on offense like the 2010 team had. And Rodgers does not have that extra dangerous element of his legs (he had 356 rushing yards and 4 TDs) that he did back then.

Could they put it all together? Sure. Absolutely. It's not impossible. But there is a lot more standing in the way both personnel and schedule wise. If the Packers can't find a way to steal a game from the Eagles/Bills/Cowboys, they basically have to run absolutely perfect the rest of the season to have any shot at a WC berth.

Edited by Striker

So what WR or TE should they trade for?

You gotta get this OL playing better.  Rodgers is rushed in his setup.  He's nervous about the pass rush, he's nervous about WRs running the right routes.  Until he gets comfortable back there, this is what you'll see.  The run blocking sucks too, it's why they used those quick pitchouts to Jones.  Gotta get Bakh in there and with Jenkins at guard you might see SOME improvement once they get established.  Of course that depends on Bakh and the knee.  

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 7:25 AM, packfanfb said:

The biggest gripe against Rodgers that people are missing here, and yet is actually true about him is that he DOES need good talent around him, especially in his twilight years. He's not a magical creator like Mahomes who can do more with less, especially since his mid-30s. He needs talented skill players to be at his best. One of the main reasons you saw a dip in 2018 from 12 was because he lost Nelson, and instead had Adams (who was just starting to break out) and then had freaking Geronimo Allison as his No. 2. Since that year, it's basically been the same group of average, mid-range guys other than 17. People argue "well 12 is making $50m, he should be able to do more with less" and I can empathize with that argument, but the reality is that he can't, especially not at 38 years old. In that sense, yea, he's probably not worth his contract...but then you get into the question, what's the alternative right now?

Boy.  I do not like comparing Rodgers to Mahomes.

Mahomes is so much younger that it isn't a fair comparison right now.

And this idea that Mahomes does more with less is not true.

He lost Hill.  MVS and Ju Ju were brought in.  Drafted Moore.

Neither are Hill, but both are good WR's.

We lost Adams, drafted 3 rookies and brought in Watkins.  

These are not the same things.

Then there is the HC, the guy creating the offense.  Reid is far superior to MLF in that regard.  Light years better.