Week 6 GDT: Raiders vs Texans

NickButera

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

You have made this comment on just about every d coordinator we have had since Norton. Has any of the guys had success after us. I mean if it ain't got nothing to do with them, I'm sure they had great success after us. Most of them since Norton didn't have great success before us.

The coaches are only part of the problem. The much bigger problem is the disgusting lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball. They have no playmakers. When can't get pressure and turnovers you are going to have a hard time playing defense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's always coaching I guess. I've heard the same thing with every DC for the last 15 years

We keep hiring the same type, so yeah. 

Zone heavy, 3 man rush type of DCs who all routinely avoid blitzing. 

Every DC we get, their bio practically reads the same. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

We keep hiring the same type, so yeah. 

Zone heavy, 3 man rush type of DCs who all routinely avoid blitzing. 

Every DC we get, their bio practically reads the same. 

Graham has been blitzing a lot this game. The problem is, nobody is good at blitzing and doesn't get home. Or they can't cover and it's beat easy (see Moehrig getting toasted for 40 last drive).

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

Graham has been blitzing a lot this game. The problem is, nobody is good at blitzing and doesn't get home. Or they can't cover and it's beat easy (see Moehrig getting toasted for 40 last drive).

They should just rush 4, run man and put their safeties in zone. Bread and butter it's not hard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I definitely agree we need more talent on that side of ball. 
but, you cannot just a give a coach a pass because no talent. You see teams play above their talent level all the time in this league. 

we have next to no talent, and still find away to play below our level haha. I’ll give Graham some time as there are a lot of new pieces, but he deserves some blame too. 

he has a tough job no doubt, with our holes on D. And he gets some leeway because of it, but you can still judge him based off the talent we have.

• Like 2